Not So Pro 3

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
12:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning guys. Got a rack of back ribs on the WSM before it was light and let me tell you, fall came quick to the mitten! It couldn't have been many degrees away from frosting here in the valley. Bring it!

I'll add a few wings later on. Some Mac and cheese and some collards. Should do the trick. We just chopped some green tomatoes to pickle. She tells me it's great on pork pie and she hasn't let me down yet! Later in the day I'm making chili and splitting the batch: half with pulled pork and half with venison back strap, to take to work tomorrow and guinea pig my small team. Zero-ing in on how I want it for the cook off at work in two weeks. I've already decided to do the dried guaillo and ancho base like pazole and no chili powder.

That's all, enjoy your Sunday.

Wait I almost forgot. A bakery local to Tanya makes fresh Jewish challah on Fridays and Saturdays. I always thought it would make a killer French toast with some of the Mooville cream line milk and home grown eggs. I wasn't wrong! Day off=cook off.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Morning / Evening All. Glad I chose to be somewhere else for last nights performance.

Foggy and frosty here this morning, need to get a bunch of stuff done outside today before the whole family comes over for Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy Folks! Is it just me, or is there just too little Sunday to go around?
I got stuff to do. Taking down a fence so I can mow the gtg area. One more pine log to mill for my corner boards and window trim.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What have you learned so far running the mill lol did u make any big oopsies yet
Number 1

When the blade begins to dull, change it.

Number 2

Clean the logs as well as possible. A wire brush works pretty good. Also, unless the log is terribly muddy, wait till it's on the mill, and just clean the blade's path.

No oopsies yet.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
1:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Number 1

When the blade begins to dull, change it.

Number 2

Clean the logs as well as possible. A wire brush works pretty good. Also, unless the log is terribly muddy, wait till it's on the mill, and just clean the blade's path.

No oopsies yet.
If your logs still have the bark on them use a bark scraper, just eye up the path of the blade of your cuts with bark and debark the little bit where the blade will be cutting. Other than that I use a wire brush too it’s alright but I wanna get a pressure washer set up near the operation

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag