Not So Pro 3

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
2:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning / Evening All. Was election day around here yesterday, will have a new government once sworn in. We’re going from an incompetent racist to a spouse beating drunk. We’re still screwed, just a different type of screwed…

@full chizel Dave’s not here man… But he’ll get through this, do you best to support your mom as her focus will be him and she’ll forget to look after herself.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This. All of it.

Fella got killed today on my daughter's boyfriend's framing crew. Crane got into the powerline while he was holding the cable. Bad deal. Killed him instantly.

Electricity is no joke. Always made me nervous whenever I was aloft doing tree work..

That’ll do it. Cooks you from the inside out.

You should see how lax our service manager and The Prodigy are when it comes to the high voltage in the EV stuff.
Our, or I guess the Prodigy says they are his, gloves for use in the batteries are to be recertified every 6 months. They are dated Dec 2020...
He says you don't need to wear them much anyway.
I don't do the EV stuff. I got one pushed to me once, I asked where my gloves and such were and then said I'm not touching it until I have the proper equipment, I'm not chancing it.
Haven't been given one since.
That's fine because I have plenty of diesel and transmission crap nobody wants to do.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Electricity is not something to screw around with, when even people that know better have accidents, you know uneducated will fare worse. I know too many that don’t understand ohms law, let alone anything else. Hell, most, Randy excepted, don’t even know the difference between AC&DC. Be careful with that chit!

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
See if this helps or makes it worse Joe.
Voltage is the size of the bucket you fill with water.
Current is how fast you can dump it on Dallas' head...😁
Reactance is how fast he can kick you in the sack.
Impedance is how hard you are laughing while trying to run away....
And capacitance is how hard he saves up to kick you in the sack next time he sees you.😂
I had to go a little more in depth on it, but that's actually a great analogy.

I hate when people say things like "It's not the voltage that's dangerous, it's the amperage." Because really it's a combination of both. If you think about in terms of your analogy, if I dump a small bucket of water on you very fast, did you really get soaked? Likewise, if I dump a big bucket of water on you very slowly, your still getting soaked, but you won't jump in the same way as if I did it all at once.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning / Evening All. Was election day around here yesterday, will have a new government once sworn in. We’re going from an incompetent racist to a spouse beating drunk. We’re still screwed, just a different type of screwed…

@full chizel Dave’s not here man… But he’ll get through this, do you best to support your mom as her focus will be him and she’ll forget to look after herself.
We will for sure look after my mom. She’s supposed to retire next month so and this kind of dampens the joy of looking forward to that. 36 years as a nurse practitioner.

Lots of nurses in my family. My wife, sister, mom, sister-in-law, and mother-in-law are all nurses.

Last edited:

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
8 people taking the journeyman test tomorrow. I have to babysit/ punish cheaters. Just found out i will be taking the test with them. Been 23 years since I've seen it
Need help with the test ?

I hate when people say things like "It's not the voltage that's dangerous, it's the amperage." Because really it's a combination of both. If you think about in terms of your analogy, if I dump a small bucket of water on you very fast, did you really get soaked? Likewise, if I dump a big bucket of water on you very slowly, your still getting soaked, but you won't jump in the same way as if I did it all at once.
Lol either way I’m kicking you lol

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

IMG_7858.jpeg
This is the simplest way for me to understand it and also to show others who don’t under it.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Covid test results negative for me. Must just be a little cold or something.
There's a bunch if different stuff going around. I had covid, my younger sister was sick with similar symptoms but wasn't covid. Neither of us was sick for more than 10 days. Just mild cold symptoms.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am seeing $4 to $6 pound hanging plus processing in this area now. Sold one a couple weeks ago for $3 to someone on my route. Gave them a bit back for the half they kept since they have been pretty good to me. For the last couple years or so you have set up your slots almost a year early because there are not enough processing places local. Used to be able to call a couple months out and get an appointment. I think in the next few years I will begin to run 10 or so head for sell hanging instead of the one or two that I currently do. Overall I can make more money off one rather than running them through the local sell barn.
If you are seeing as high as $6 then maybe $7 isn't highway robbery up here. I guess the bottom line is food is freaking expensive but I bet the people who grow it aren't the ones reaping the profits