Not So Pro 3

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are seeing as high as $6 then maybe $7 isn't highway robbery up here. I guess the bottom line is food is freaking expensive but I bet the people who grow it aren't the ones reaping the profits
I get a good discount from my cousin because I help with the hay
Last one I bought from him was 473 hanging weight and paid 700 for it
Then 519 for the butcher bill

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are seeing as high as $6 then maybe $7 isn't highway robbery up here. I guess the bottom line is food is freaking expensive but I bet the people who grow it aren't the ones reaping the profits
Cattle on the hoof is up some....but not enough to overcome the cost increases on fertilizer, fuel, fencing supplies, land, etc.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't realize it until the leaves started dropping but there is a large herd of bison in the hayfield next door, I assume they are meat on the hoof

I tried for years to draw a tag for the bison hunt up near Delta but never got drawn

That's some good eating but damn it is expensive in markets up here

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't realize it until the leaves started dropping but there is a large herd of bison in the hayfield next door, I assume they are meat on the hoof

I tried for years to draw a tag for the bison hunt up near Delta but never got drawn

That's some good eating but damn it is expensive in markets up here
Back when I was young, we used to go to Indian Pow Wows in Oklahoma & Bison was the main meat in all the foods offered.
I friggin LOVED IT!

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back when I was young, we used to go to Indian Pow Wows in Oklahoma & Bison was the main meat in all the foods offered.
I friggin LOVED IT!

There is a wildlife center east of Anchorage with just about every wild animal in Alaska on display; anyway, they worked for years with the fish and game people to bring in Wood Bison from Canada and raise them with the aim of finally reintroducing them into the wild in Alaska. They finally released a herd in 2015 and they are doing well by all accounts.

Last edited:

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the boss looked into the bison next door and it’s actually a bison ranch that’s separate from the farm just east of us

They are starting their yearly cull of
2 1/2 year olds and selling them for $4,200 hung, average hanging weight of 500 pounds

How many can I sign you guys up for?

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the boss looked into the bison next door and it’s actually a bison ranch that’s separate from the farm just east of us

2 1/2 year olds and selling them for $4,200 hung, average hanging weight of 500 pounds

SPENSIVE!
I can buy Beef, a couple of Hookers & some Coke for that.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

SPENSIVE!
I can buy Beef, a couple of Hookers & some Coke for that.
I was gonna ask if hookers and blow came with that deal.