Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The same lady has been cutting my hair and beard for close to 20 years but the last time I went to her she canceled 3 times and then gave me a horrible cut

She was going through some family and health stuff so I chalked it up to that and decided I would give her one more chance

You can't find a barber anymore and if you can they are hipsters and want to oil your beard and stuff and charge $100

*f-word that

Fingers crossed
I usually just cut my own hair, but my wife said she didn't really like it burred off. The lady who I'm seeing today has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and gave up her salon recently. Thankfully she seems to be kicking cancer in the ass, and feels well enough to cut hair on her porch. Of course I'll pay her well.
Gramps I thought you were going to grow out the skullet you aren’t far out from that lol
Why don’t you just buzz it yourself save money. I started doing my own when the big flu hit 2020
Been cutting my own a lot longer than that.....but read my reply to Mister Brown to get a fuller understanding of what is actually happening with my hair at this moment in time.
Got your foot in your mouth this time didn't ya Tampon Sally.
He said "Tampon Sally" LOL

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually just cut my own hair, but my wife said she didn't really like it burred off. The lady who I'm seeing today has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and gave up her salon recently. Thankfully she seems to be kicking cancer in the ass, and feels well enough to cut hair on her porch. Of course I'll pay her well.
Similar situations, health wise

Always gratifying to see someone who can beat back the cancer

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Similar situations, health wise

Always gratifying to see someone who can beat back the cancer
Jackie Belle.....the lady who is gonna cut my hair is a bad ass. With the chemo, she was only concerned with one thing. Not being sick....not the travel back and forth.....just her hair. A lifelong hair dresser ain't wanting to lose her hair. She handled it all with grace and power. Never went anywhere without her makeup even.

Best wishes....and prayers of help and health to you and your wife my friend.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
12:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since this is a saw forum…. I have ordered 4 new bars for my 560 xpgw, and slightly modified 346's
2 pcs Duralite 16" 3/8 58ga
2 pcs Duralite 20" 3/8 58ga
I was a bit in doubt as to whether I would go for 50ga, but we have a poor range of chains for 50ga in Norway, I can buy 58ga locally.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since this is a saw forum…. I have ordered 4 new bars for my 560 xpgw, and slightly modified 346's
2 pcs Duralite 16" 3/8 58ga
2 pcs Duralite 20" 3/8 58ga
I was a bit in doubt as to whether I would go for 50ga, but we have a poor range of chains for 50ga in Norway, I can buy 58ga locally.
Chainsaws are a silly fad. I predict in a few more years everyone will give up their chainsaws and go back to the crosscut.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The same lady has been cutting my hair and beard for close to 20 years but the last time I went to her she canceled 3 times and then gave me a horrible cut

She was going through some family and health stuff so I chalked it up to that and decided I would give her one more chance

You can't find a barber anymore and if you can they are hipsters and want to oil your beard and stuff and charge $100

*f-word that

Fingers crossed
1695315118402.jpeg

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apparently @JoeDirt is possessed and speaking in tongues…

Break out the two stroke holy water
Lol... the first time I looked at some of these problems I seriously thought I was reading Chinese. I'll post a couple later to illustrate.
That is the BS of school. You will never make those calculations by hand when working and the computer will have all the formulas,
Calculus 1 actually had some practical applications. This stuff is just math for the sake of math. If you look at the graphs of these equations they are completely unrealistic.
Not really. My first S7 got wrecked bad when it slipped out of my hand. I tried to catch it, but slapped it face down on the gravel. Was able to just swap the sim card into this one though.
I've got an S9 now which by smartphone standards is pretty old. I've noticed it starting to become a bit glitchy lately. Probably be time to upgrade before long.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mom was an industrial engineer. Math was her jam. She regularly explained to me how I couldn't help but use algebra and geometry in my daily life. Naturally.....my eyes glazed over during these conversations. She went so far sometimes as to break down processes I used to lay out stairs and rafters into mathematical equations. I asked her how the hell she knew the processes involved in such things. She said it was all simply common sense. She was a sharp cookie.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mom was an industrial engineer. Math was her jam. She regularly explained to me how I couldn't help but use algebra and geometry in my daily life. Naturally.....my eyes glazed over during these conversations. She went so far sometimes as to break down processes I used to lay out stairs and rafters into mathematical equations. I asked her how the hell she knew the processes involved in such things. She said it was all simply common sense. She was a sharp cookie.
When I was complaining about math in high school, my dad (and aircraft mechanic and aviation maintenance instructor) gave me a similar talk and showed me how I use math daily without even realizing it.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry @JoeDirt , you're going to have to look elsewhere for help with that new math. There are some really good YouTube math teachers though, might give that a go.

Morning men, keep getting waived off for jury duty. Haven't had to go in yet. This week and next I am not needed. Only a couple more weeks of duty after that. The dragon was nice yesterday, no goldwings in the way. Lol
some of the new stuff isnt math but hypothetical *B-S....
Bish. Tell them to get your check and come hang out with your son.
lol tomorrow night is lay off night
id like to clear 4 on this job

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of these days when I’m rooting around in boxes of saved stuff I will snap a picture of my dads slide rule and the handmade leather case he carried it in

The case is covered in formulas and stuff and might as well be Egyptian

I learned how to multiply on one but that was about it and I’ve probably forgotten all I knew

I was in high school when the first Texas Instruments hand calculator came out and I remember it being several hundred dollars