Not So Pro 3

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
5:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morena Saw Pawers, Snow Crawlers and Cold Slawers.

It's 18c going 26 here.
Off to dig out a failed retaining wall at the in-laws place by the sea while the kids have a swim.
My workshop jandals failed too, but in true OPE fashion I just built a hybrid...
Yeah I know, GFY...IMG_20210128_094915.jpg

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
They sure are. First attempt at them. Pretty good but not completely satisfied. Used this recipe https://heygrillhey.com/pickled-red-onions/

We have not done onions alone, but my initial thoughts just looking at the recipe would be to give the onions a little more of a cook than what that calls for, maybe adding to the brine when you kill the heat or as it cools, and I'd have to have a chili or two and a couple cloves of garlic per jar. Maybe not completely traditional but we don't bind ourselves to tradition here. You could maybe water bath for 20 minutes and throw a couple jars on the shelf.

Now my gears are turning.
Another simple yet tasty one. Let them sit in the fridge a few days and they get even better. Great on tacos and brisket or pulled pork sammiches.

https://allwaysdelicious.com/pickled-red-onions/

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Was just informed my dog is in recovery and we will be able to pick her up 9am tomorrow morning. There were several large marble sized stones in her bladder along with fragments. I’ll get a picture of it soon
It's great to hear the surgery went well Pat.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
better watch that *s-word
if you help others here by doing something for them or giving parts you dont plan on using some say you are trying to buy their friendship

ask me how i know
I musta missed that convo, but they must be some pretty miserable self-loathing MFr's to assume that's the way you and other people are. Fuggem.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’m gonna just keep being me and if being generous gives me any *s-word well as least my conscience is clear. But I know what you mean buddy.
Yessir. I don't do *s-word for others for "brownie points". I do it because I feel good about doing it.