Not So Pro 3

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like the ratings have gotten a little *f-wordy lately. Seems like the favored Delo and Rotella may not be up to par anymore. Oh and GFY Bish.

Agreed.
It appears the oil companies are giving the end consumer a GFY courtesy of the EPA.
And hippies.
Cant forget the hippies.
And GFY back at ya Mikey.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So you are seeing higher crankcase pressures than the 25-80 psi in the oil system. Interesting.
No that’s not what I’m saying. The crankcase pressure is higher than the oil is designed to withstand if you neglected the ccv system maintenance intervals

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Figured you would like this one.
View attachment 277382

Its microscopic air bubbles in the oil popping from the pressure between the crank bearings.
Bingo. That noise has been there for a long time lol. Now that diesels are quiet because of the use of pilot injection on common rails lowering cylinder pressure you can hear it

Last edited:

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No that’s not what I’m saying. The crankcase pressure is higher than the oil is designed to withstand if you neglected the ccv system maintenance intervals
Those microscopic bubbles collapse under pressure. Just like foam in a soft drink only appear when the pressure is released.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use Rotella with a zinc additive in my tractors, and my older vehicles.
+1 Ever since Rotella reduced the zddp levels in their T6, the additive is a good idea. When I inquired about why they dropped the levels, I was told that too many people were trying to run T6 in their modern gasoline vehicle, and the zinc kills catalytic converters.