Not So Pro 3

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+1 Ever since Rotella reduced the zddp levels in their T6, the additive is a good idea. When I inquired about why they dropped the levels, I was told that too many people were trying to run T6 in their modern gasoline vehicle, and the zinc kills catalytic converters.
5W-40 Rotella T6 is almost a victim of its own success there ay. Folks would me much better served by Helix Ultra in the gas engines that it suits. I run HU 5-40 in our K24 Honda and the 3.2 Diesel in my FordMazda. But I researched the shyt out of it before doing so.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+1 Ever since Rotella reduced the zddp levels in their T6, the additive is a good idea. When I inquired about why they dropped the levels, I was told that too many people were trying to run T6 in their modern gasoline vehicle, and the zinc kills catalytic converters.

This is the stuff I add.

16105646466563157748574154249980.jpg

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
9:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
It says bubbles. Calm down
Im not upset Pat. I just don't buy into the hypothesis that high crankcase pressure wipes out bearings because it exceeds the pressure motor oil was designed to run at. The pressure on an oil film under the pressures of a the firing cycle is many times what crankcase pressure would ever be.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im not upset Pat. I just don't buy into the hypothesis that high crankcase pressure wipes out bearings because it exceeds the pressure motor oil was designed to run at. The pressure on an oil film under the pressures of a the firing cycle is many times what crankcase pressure would ever be.
And you’re entitled to your own observations and experiences

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How much psi do you think a valve cover gaskets can take before venting? Or a main seal. More than the pressures on the oil in a crank journal bearing? Nope.
I’m wrong and you’re smarter than me. Been wrong about everything I’ve ever said. Better?