Not So Pro 3

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm personally a bit ashamed that I didnt think of how Tor is doing, or checking on him before this. I guess we all get busy. I know this is an online forum, and kind of impersonal, but we all have kind of a personal thing going here, so that doesnt justify it for me. Theres some here that have met. Theres some of us that haven't. Doesnt mean we shouldnt care, or that something we can say might not help in a given situation.
I could only hope that he got upset about something that was said and decided to not post, because that can be remedied sometimes with a simple apology. I would hate to hear something bad happened, but id like to know all the same.
Let me know if theres anything I can do.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You think im duradouche?
If you have to ask...

Good morning folks. 37 and calm here. They only have one checker at the front door and a good portion of the plant is in today to try and get a long holiday weekend in three days. People lined up down the sidewalk. My "all this BS just to go somewhere you'd rather not be" comment was well recieved. Almost making OPE dot com moderator pay today. Enjoy your sun day.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
From VW 55 maybe 60 tops. 90 gets ya moving pretty good in a beetle. Mine will just be a cruiser.
I've always liked the original beetle. I kinda want to build one for trail usage. like 12-14" of travel all the way around without going A-arm. I've seen the stuff available. I need to sit up normal. A rail you are setting down in with your legs straight out. Back dont like that. But, probably "just" end up with either a Yamaha or Honda side by side in the 800-1000cc range.

Last edited:

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That one had an Eddy-current motor on it. Brake/gearbox housing has been updated to a newer DC brake system. Not sure if there was a mechanical load brake in that upgrade, but it held up 4500 pounds of scissor lift with a trashed wet brake, so maybe.
Elberton GA is a long-term testing grounds for cranes and hoists. 3M was bought by Dresser Corp a long time ago. They were in turn bought by CM, who you worked for a long time ago as well. This thing is still getting punished every day, and its older than both of us.
Useless fact.
Alton Shaw built the first electric hoist with a General Electric DC motor designed by Thomas Edison.
He did it for Henry Harnishfegger and Roger Pawling. Not long after they incorporated as the P&H corporation of Milwaukee WI.
Interesting. LTI had one of the oldest cranes made I guess still up but not used anymore. Full hot rivet construction. 1906 I believe. It still worked fine. It had become more like a museum piece in the shop. They had a placard hanging off of it telling about it. Pretty cool.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Now I understand John.
You never mentioned she wuz a ginger.
You must be a man of great patience and understanding.
That wasnt an assumption on your character. Its a requirement. Stay strong brother. Those are truly wild creatures, but SO wonderful!
I've heard the redies are...well different.