Newbies shouldn't go to GTG,s

Thesandman

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went to my first gtg and it was very small do to weather scaring everyone away. But I got to run my first ported saws, learned a lot, met some great people and had fun doing it. Problem is my saw was running great before I went but now runs like a worn out piece of crap. It's running the same as it was it's just the bar has been moved a large distance. Unless you want to be dissatisfied with your saws, don't go to any GTG,s.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went to my first gtg and it was very small do to weather scaring everyone away. But I got to run my first ported saws, learned a lot, met some great people and had fun doing it. Problem is my saw was running great before I went but now runs like a worn out piece of crap. It's running the same as it was it's just the bar has been moved a large distance. Unless you want to be dissatisfied with your saws, don't go to any GTG,s.

The struggle is real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
12:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Simple fix.... buy every saw made and get 'em all ported, then you'll be everybody's friend, (and you'll be broke to boot).

Seriously though, I've spent a lot of unnecessary $ as a result of "testing" other guys tools!

So you're absolutely right, a gtg would be dangerous and we should probably avoid them like the plague!;)

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
10:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had that happen too! For some weird reason, after I saw a 2100 pipe saw, an 090 pipe saw, an 084 pipe saw, and a Lancaster kart engine pipe saw cut, all my saws lost ~50% of their power!

Thesandman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm looking forward to attending more gtg,s in the future but it's OK cause the damage has already been done. I've changed my thoughts on "method of ops" from owning one 60ish cc saw to do everything to wanting two, a lite ported 50cc(4910) to do everything but the bigger stuff say 16" and over. I'm not sure what I will end up with. I'm contemplating several. I have a poulan 4000 that might fit the bill. A cs590 hybrid would also fill that slot(I have a cs590 also). It's tax time right now so nothing near future.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm looking forward to attending more gtg,s in the future but it's OK cause the damage has already been done. I've changed my thoughts on "method of ops" from owning one 60ish cc saw to do everything to wanting two, a lite ported 50cc(4910) to do everything but the bigger stuff say 16" and over. I'm not sure what I will end up with. I'm contemplating several. I have a poulan 4000 that might fit the bill. A cs590 hybrid would also fill that slot(I have a cs590 also). It's tax time right now so nothing near future.

I need a chainsaw.jpg

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
12:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am still anxiously waiting to make it to my first G2G.. been invited a couple times and thought I could make it, but each time life happened and I had to cancel.. :nusenuse:

Maybe this year is my year!