trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
5:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Putting together this 2172 thats been a nightmare. Got it started but it wouldnt throttle up all the way. Looked at the routing of the throttle cable and it was pulling out of the trigger. Put it back in but the way it is set up, the boot it goes through is on the lt hand side of the platform, and so is the capture on the trigger. So it has a tendency to pull out. How is it routed? Am I missing something here? Also, the tank has numbers 503 72 04 on it, and the ipl has 503 71 91 01. Dont even know if the cable is too long. All I know is it doesnt throttle up right. About 1/2 way is all she goes. @cuinrearview .
Some pics
20200926_185058.jpg 20200926_185045.jpg

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I'll replace the parts, but is it just as simple as routing it through the boot and over the carb?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I'll replace the parts, but is it just as simple as routing it through the boot and over the carb?
The cable ends are inserted into the intake cable holder and trigger all the way right? Then yes. Sometimes the cable can be stretched out or the plastic sheath worn.

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance-
If it’s similar to 372s, the throttle cable needs to sit right in its keeper, the intake flange, and the carb itself. Those trigger parts can break/wear and are replaceable. On my xtorq to OE conversion, I had to modify the sheath to get it right. It’s crazy how much of an impact 1/8” has on throttle operation lol.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
4:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had it happen to me twice where the cable goes into the intake block. The outer sleeve of the cable snaps off & crumbles about 3/16-1/4in. I'd say just like the above. A new cable and you will be back up and going.

I had one jump of the guide in the trigger mechanism. But then you will barely get off idle.

Steven

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While your waiting on your parts you could try cutting a piece off of a spray can straw, split it on one side and slip it over the wire part of the cable. I've had to do that before to take up the slack.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I spent about 1/2 the night tearing apart my part shelves looking for a cable I remember I bought for the 372 I sold about 2 years ago. I am not on the 372 bandwagon but have some parts left over. Finally found it and installed it. Had to modify the trigger some to but we are in business now. Throttle behaves like it should. Dont know if it will be the last issue I have with this saw, but its a step in the right direction. Now if I could get the right chainbrake from Chainsawr its at least complete. Bought a brake from them and they sent me the wrong brake handle. It happens but its frusyrating none the less. First time for that though.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, tuning it and the mist I can get out of it is 11,300. Thats with the H buried. But, it isnt 4 stroking heavy. Unless my tachs off. I'll see how she cuts.