trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
1:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A neighbors son dropped off a 576 and a 455 for me to go through. The muffler rattled off the 576 and he continued to run it. That will be updated. The 455 spark plug looks good, but I gave it a new one anyway. Started it up and it idled fine and ran fine, but throttle it up and on the very high side it starts shaking like the steering wheel of a car that is way out of alignment. First time I've ever run across something like this, and I've been tinkering with saws for awhile now. He does have a 24" bar on it. First thing I thought of was maybe the crank was bent a little bit outside of the seals? Dont know. What do you guys think?

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A neighbors son dropped off a 576 and a 455 for me to go through. The muffler rattled off the 576 and he continued to run it. That will be updated. The 455 spark plug looks good, but I gave it a new one anyway. Started it up and it idled fine and ran fine, but throttle it up and on the very high side it starts shaking like the steering wheel of a car that is way out of alignment. First time I've ever run across something like this, and I've been tinkering with saws for awhile now. He does have a 24" bar on it. First thing I thought of was maybe the crank was bent a little bit outside of the seals? Dont know. What do you guys think?
A stick between my 562’s case and fuel tank made me think that. I was thinking bear, at first.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Broken clutch spring/parts? Missing flywheel fins?
Thats an idea. Havent pulled the starter to look at the flywheel. Thanks.
A stick between my 562’s case and fuel tank made me think that. I was thinking bear, at first.
I ran it without the bar and cleaned it off before starting. No sticks anywhere.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
12:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Loose or damaged anti-vibe components? Maybe it hits a harmonic of some sort? Do the 455's have a limited coil?

Oldbuzzard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thats an idea. Havent pulled the starter to look at the flywheel. Thanks.

I ran it without the bar and cleaned it off before starting. No sticks anywhere.
Yes, if you have a bear in the saw it gets disturbed 🤠

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope, saw clean and no fins missing. AV components there and in good shape. Still looking it over but its a 445, not a 455. My mistake.

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still looking it over but its a 445
If you are running a 24" bar on this, then it must have been given an upgraded 3/8" sprocket (spur or rim) at some point. Not something I would put on a 45cc saw, starting with a 50cc saw maybe. I have one of these saws and am running a 18" bar with .325 chain and it works fine with that.

If on the off chance you are running a 24" .325 bar, what is the part number, I have not been able to find one over 20".