My stairs finished

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
3:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I knew it was just a matter of time but didnt realize it would be less than a week. I was standing in the kitchen last evening and my daughter decided instead of making two trips to carry her junk down the stairs she tried to make one.

Dropped her freaking music stand at the top and dinged/scratched/gouged/chipped every single step.:mad::mad::mad:

I handled it way better than Wifey.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Fantastic work John, those look amazing. I like that you painted the spine the same as the wall.

I knew it was just a matter of time but didnt realize it would be less than a week. I was standing in the kitchen last evening and my daughter decided instead of making two trips to carry her junk down the stairs she tried to make one.

Dropped her freaking music stand at the top and dinged/scratched/gouged/chipped every single step.:mad::mad::mad:

I handled it way better than Wifey.

Just adds character my friend, I'm sure it won't be the last. Just like anything else the first time is the hardest.

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Just adds character my friend, I'm sure it won't be the last. Just like anything else the first time is the hardest.

True that! Lots of yuppies intentionally hit wood with all kids of stuff like chains, nails, rasps, etc. to age and weather it. You have a cool story to tell for the rest of your life!

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I built the backbone from 6x6" .25" square tubing and 4" risers. 2x2' plate on bottom secured to doubled 10" floor joists.

What welding machine did you use to weld it out?

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow John! That's fantastic. Looks like with the thick tread you meet code without risers. What are you doing for a rail?

Too bad about the unfortunate mishap...

There will not be an outside rail. I am going to do a handrail on the wall. Id like to do a 2-3" square tube with a gun blued finish. Mum aint sold on that yet though.
What welding machine did you use to weld it out?

I used my buddies Miller 240v mig. Not sure what model though Josh.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There will not be an outside rail. I am going to do a handrail on the wall. Id like to do a 2-3" square tube with a gun blued finish. Mum aint sold on that yet though.

I used my buddies Miller 240v mig. Not sure what model though Josh.

Damn! Couldn't get away with that out here...
That's sweet!

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I couldn't help but think hand rail too. I was thinkin 1"x4" rectangular tube hung from the ceiling. No balusters going with the open riser suspended look.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I couldn't help but think hand rail too. I was thinkin 1"x4" rectangular tube hung from the ceiling. No balusters going with the open riser suspended look.
That would be different spin on it and look good.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
another idea would be mounting handrail from the bottom of metal tread