MS462C - 572XP Comparison

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
7:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You already ditched the spillys, I mean flippys, that had to loose a couple ounces lol.
How you liking it.
That weight is amazing full.
Stihl did well as far as weight reduction.
One was leaking upon arrival.

It’s a great saw and it feels light which is nice. Handling wise I have to get some more time on the 572 to make an accurate comparison. Think the 572 starts easier.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I
Yes and I figured that amount of gas to weigh 1.19 lbs on the stihl. Not sure how to figure the weight of the bar oil. It probably weighs more than that amount gas I’m guessing?
Iirc a gallon of crude oil weighs about 7.25 pounds.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So it weighs roughly within .1 oz of a older oe 372, which is 13.4lbs pho... according to paper spec. The oe 372 I had most definitely felt heavier than my 562 after working with both.

Last edited:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting detail about the movie is that the 375hp 440 charger was faster, so they had to keep backing off the accelerator so the 325hp 390 mustang could keep up in the chase scenes. I read it in a article somewhere.
Lol. Do the math it's was a joke high rev 390 in a car that ways less than the big 440 Charger no my money would always be on the Mustang unless the charger had the 426 Hemi then that would be the a different story. Lol.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. Do the math it's was a joke high rev 390 in a car that ways less than the big 440 Charger no my money would always be on the Mustang unless the charger had the 426 Hemi then that would be the a different story. Lol.
*Supposedly* they also put thinner tires on the charger to try to slow it down as well. Also the sound of the mustang in the chase was supposedly imported from a gt40 race car.

Last edited:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea, I read that too, I was dying for them to let me build the Mustang for it. My Royal Blue 68 GT 390 ate up 440 6 pack Super Bees (with headers + traction bars). It was the fastest car I ever owned, and the only one I never lost a race with, and I raced anyone and there were lots of fast cars on the streets of the mid 70s (all the late 60s super cars had been worked by then). It was my "Blue Bullet"!!!

It beat all the fastest cars at my college (we had a big get together).

It did not just win, it walked away from every other car I raced.

Raced a "worked" 383 Road Runner, and I let off the gas after 3rd gear, I was over 20 lengths ahead of him.

Every now and then you just get an engine that is a freak, and this was one of them.

I remember another guy that had a freak 396 Chevelle. (I did not have my car when he had his). Was beating everyone, but he had to put a 427 Chevy in it … it was slower, and he sold the 396 engine to buy the 427!!!
If he would had put the 427 L88 in that Chevelle he'd be the king those were bad to the bone my uncle had one in his 1956 Chevy.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
*Supposedly* they also put thinner tires on the charger to try to slow it down as well. Also the sound of the mustang in the chase was supposedly imported from a gt40 race car.
Chargers came with pretty skinny tires like all car's did back in them days. Yea the sounds of both car's were dubbed in I think I my be young but I grew up in a town of fast cars and fast women. Lol. And worked on and built a few for myself and to me it don't really matter what make it is Chevy Ford Mopar they can all be built to be nasty it's all about how much money do you want to spend. Lol. Just like chainsaws.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One was leaking upon arrival.

It’s a great saw and it feels light which is nice. Handling wise I have to get some more time on the 572 to make an accurate comparison. Think the 572 starts easier.
I remember that now, and the laugh we had about the flippy topic lol.
I can't wait until someone makes an adapter to use the husky flippys on a stihl, fire up the 3d printer :D.
Let me know when you want to have another session, I can bring some others over.
Did you do check the 7910 to it, to add another layer to the discussion.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember that now, and the laugh we had about the flippy topic lol.
I can't wait until someone makes an adapter to use the husky flippys on a stihl, fire up the 3d printer :D.
Let me know when you want to have another session, I can bring some others over.
Did you do check the 7910 to it, to add another layer to the discussion.
Stihl will come out with there own versions similer the the husky caps. Lol just like there saw's are really getting close alike.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mason, I've seen several 562s on the scale, and that is the lightest one I've seen. You sure you got all the parts on that saw?

They usually go 13 even.

And the 462 I saw on the scale was 13.2, just like it was supposed to be.

I've seen Stihl literature saying the 044 was 13 even, but I don't buy it.

Husky website initially said 562 was 12.8 lbs (just what you posted), but then they changed it to 13.2 lbs??? Did they change something???

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If he would had put the 427 L88 in that Chevelle he'd be the king those were bad to the bone my uncle had one in his 1956 Chevy.

The Cross Bolted, Side Oiler 427 Ford is the ONLY ONE that was successful in NASCAR (Ford won championships), Drag Racing (Mickey Thomson was the first to break 200 MPH with one in a Funny Car), and the 24 hours of Lemans. The Early GT 40s had 289s, but when they started putting 427s in them, they started winning. In 1966, they entered 3 in the 24 hours of Lemans and finished 1, 2, and 3 (they kicked Ferrari's Arse!!!).