TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
1:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get the weight argument. It’s just that I don’t think it deserves to be called legendary... yet. Same for the 572. Legend is more than just being light.
Yeah, the saw standing up to the test of time is what I am concerned with. Yes the stihl is light, and I absolutely love a light saw. But I really like one that stays together, isn't frail, and is in the cut more often than on the bench. I might return to log for a winter and I am weighing my options heavily on new powerheads.

frank rizzo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am no fan of the 5 series Husqvarna saws, but it sounds like something is up with that 550. My 550 is strong now that it no longer has leaking transfer seals, or a leaking intake boot, and a new AT-12 carb.[emoji15]

OK seriously though it actually runs crazy strong! it just took awhile to get it there[emoji19]
Yah , I’d much prefer a STIHL MS 261c ..... FAR superior saw imho !

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's just a number.....

Right?

Like when I see a Husqvarna with a 5xx I automatically assume it's gonna last about two weeks before it either flies apart or refuses to start.

:tiburon:
Now, that's quite a statement coming from a Professional Saw Porter. Every time I hear the word Stihl, I think of the Ace Hardware Guy with his finger stuck up his Azz.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve heard the auto-tune and mtronic systems do not like the smoke from fires - heard it messes em up ... anybody want to chime-in any info / experience on this topic ?

My weapon of choice is Stihl 661 cm with 20inch Duromatic blade and RD3 chain. Zero problem with HEAVY AS HELL smoke.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still talking saws. In one of my threads?

WTF?

The Bubba and I are chewing the fat on vintage Ford trucks.

I am quite partial to the 1979 F100, my grandfather had a copper brown and beige camper special when I was young. Had a 460 4 barrel, C6 auto, big Dana rear with posi and because it was a camper special was built on the 350 chassis so one ton suspension and brakes.

Loved that truck, begged him to let me buy it when he got a new one (I was only 12 at the time). If I could ever find it or one like it I would give my left one to own it.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
10:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am quite partial to the 1979 F100, my grandfather had a copper brown and beige camper special when I was young. Had a 460 4 barrel, C6 auto, big Dana rear with posi and because it was a camper special was built on the 350 chassis so one ton suspension and brakes.

Loved that truck, begged him to let me buy it when he got a new one (I was only 12 at the time). If I could ever find it or one like it I would give my left one to own it.
Yep the late 70''s are pretty good looking as well. Hopefully you find one like it some day.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That sounds like a bad ass truck

The old Ford Bubs is hot for is a 75 or 76 (I can't remember which) Highboy F-250 4×4.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Stump Shot has a pretty nice high boy. They are a cool truck Bubba has good taste.

This one is a truck I've been trying to get for 20 years. I finally traded a cow for it.

Gonna be Bubba's to drive to high school.