High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

MS462C - 572XP Comparison

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If you are in a position to pull new saws out of boxes and test drive them on a near daily basis.......it sure opens your eyes.

Here's another true bomb. I've seen more 390XPs with busted jugs than any other saw. For some strange reason the jug bolts vibrate loose.
That I fully believe. 390 hurts my hand in fifteen minutes. I find that statement says a lot about the big end of a saw. 395 feels much smoother but it ain't no 661 or 64xx. The 79xx is my next best pic around 80cc. I digress.... back to the 70 sub catagory.

Last edited:

frank rizzo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
so if one all ready has the 461R and that could take a 36"b/c if need be, and you get it ported. is it really worth spending the money for a 462? instead of investing the money? CHANGE MY MIND:)
I wood say get the 461R ported and you’ve got a helluva saw that’ll pull and oil a 32” bar no problem ... slap a 20” bar and production-cut away ... looks like the 462cm is a different beasr with the short stroke and bigger bore ... Not gonna pull a 32” bar like a 461R - not sure if it’ll oil it either -

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update: CHAOS is non relevant word to describe what is happening...

2 confirmed deaths, people missing, others evacuating like refugees from war zones,people drop to sea yes at sea to escape and public services completely lost as there’s no plan.
Disaster... I cannot describe really.
Coast guard evacuates people at boats. The best tourist port is also on fire. Actually a huge coastal line on fire.

Area of Operations Landscape: Worst possible!!! Pinewood forests which behave as explosives mixed with olive trees which is the best worst wood to keep the fire alive as a huge coal!!!
Wind ripping at even 90km/h at times from all directions.

Planes and helicopters failed to help.

Couple of pinewoods fell down but feels we can make a safe zone as there are trees surrounding and inside houses. We moved them with ropes on private cars as there is nobody and nothing available for help.

NON EXISTENT COORDINATION

P.S Disgrace: firemen came with their stihl 064 attached to UNIMOG vehicle to us to sharp their chains. They kept them DULL for years never gave 1€ to buy a round file. Unbelievable!

Thanks for your interest.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stay safe brother ! I’ve been following along on the net ... looks like a doozy

300 houses burned

Cars burned like explosions

Warships yes warships came at bay for evacuation!

We just heard that 14th year old girl died as she drawned at sea trying to escape fire.

This is a nightmare nobody knows nothing: we just plan execute and replan.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im really not impressed with the 5-series Husqvarnas... they are really overhyped IMO. I would take a 357xp over a 562xp ANY DAY.

I helped a buddy buck up some pine this morning, between 8-20”, and he was using a 550xp... and it was struggling big time. My MMWS 262xp was easily twice as fast through the bigger wood, and that 550 was bogging bad if pushed on at all... hell, I bet my 242xp would’ve spanked it in the smaller wood.

Hopefully the 572xp is better, but I’m not spending that kinda cash to find out.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The first time I tore a MS661 apart.......I was like, Yep the bastards have been paying attention. Nice flat, wide squish band.......
That clearly shows how long it took them to let go of 2-3% of the power band they knew they would loose a long time ago. Plus they needed to overcome the un-burnt hydrocarbons that created for CARB here in the states.
What about a 270?:D
Eww

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are both turds stock. People who start using ported saws to fell timber with never are happy with stock saws again.
This is accurate. Going from a stock saw to a ported saw when the saw is making you your money is a big improvement.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im really not impressed with the 5-series Husqvarnas... they are really overhyped IMO. I would take a 357xp over a 562xp ANY DAY.

I helped a buddy buck up some pine this morning, between 8-20”, and he was using a 550xp... and it was struggling big time. My MMWS 262xp was easily twice as fast through the bigger wood, and that 550 was bogging bad if pushed on at all... hell, I bet my 242xp would’ve spanked it in the smaller wood.

Hopefully the 572xp is better, but I’m not spending that kinda cash to find out.
I am no fan of the 5 series Husqvarna saws, but it sounds like something is up with that 550. My 550 is strong now that it no longer has leaking transfer seals, or a leaking intake boot, and a new AT-12 carb.[emoji15]

OK seriously though it actually runs crazy strong! it just took awhile to get it there[emoji19]

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OK. So 572 has smaller bore, bigger stroke. And 462 has bigger bore, smaller stroke.
Should be interesting to see how all this works out.

462 should rev a tad higher, 572 should have a tad more torque.
Nope. That won't work out likely you think. It depends on where the ports and intake trac are tuned to run.