MS462C - 572XP Comparison

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not buying any of the hype over the 462 until I get my hands on one. Legend is more than just being lightweight.

Legend comes from PERFORMANCE. And performance goes from many factors but in engines mainly from weight to power ratio

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the 372 is the predecessor to the 572 then where does the 576 fit in the timeline?
I think the 372/576 are both meant to be replaced by the 572.
When you pick up the 572 it feels just like the 576, when you fire it up and start to move it around a bit that weight is quickly forgotten about. I've ran many saws that the specs showed lighter that just didn't feel right in my hands, that may be a personal thing or it may be an experience that many have, I don't know but I know prefer the handling of the 50-70cc(79 dolmars) huskys and dolmars over the stihls. Under that I run a lot of stihls because they are so light they just get thrown around anyway, I also like the offerings in the stihl lineup under 50cc better, as far as 90+ I don't care about handling as I'm not running them that long for what I'm doing with them.

In re-watching those 2 videos Randy did, the 462 seems to be stuffed up in the muffler end. I bet once the port job and muffler mod is done the 462 will be a beast! [emoji106]
The Hooskie 572 was broke in already, the Stihl brand new. Gotta be sure to compare apples to apples.
I doubt that husky is totally broke in, it takes a long time to break them in running full synthetic and 32:1(or so).
@Mastermind what mix/fuel were you running for the videos.
Totally agree for the most part. If you are looking for 462’s i can send you! Currently at 1079€ plus shipping.
For ms500i it’s a technology that will come but for now it’s first steps to balance performance, technology and many small things the loggers community could/should change or like to stick. We ll see about it.
Thanks a lot for the offer, I'm not much of a beta sort of guy, I'll let others work out the bugs ;).

Last edited:

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That doesn't mean it's broke in. Since the 462 was right out of the box I'd say the 572 had more fuel thru it lol
and don't forget the new autotune software! It cut's down the engine rpm a little bit on the 565/572xp on the first operating hours for break-in.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
and don't forget the new autotune software! It cut's down the engine rpm a little bit on the 565/572xp on the first operating hours for break-in.
Interesting. Stihl too?

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly I know they have a following, but I have never been a 371/372 fan! I know I know. I would much rather run a jonsered 670 or a 272! They give up nothing in performance in my experience, they are built better, more compact, plus handle have a outboard clutch which I prefer! Oh and who can honestly stand the 372 exhaust note?