MS462C - 572XP Comparison

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also mentioned at my original post that Stihl might think of Ms500i teething problems which I personally believe they would not exist or gonna solve quickly since they test injections at their tools for years.

I think if you want Stihl to fail you will have to wait
The best thing about the 500i is the purge/primer bulb lol.

Be sure I've not said I want anyone to fail, success of any brand brings competition which is what makes things better for us. I'd not be ashamed to run a 462 as a lightweight 70cc saw even though I prefer all orange saws, whatever the best tool is(theirs way more than weight and speed to that) to get the job done is what I want.
Also Stihl has failed before just as all have, couple examples is the first gen 362 and the 201.
From what I can see the 462 looks like a beast, can't wait to get one in my hands.
The 572 is super smooth and has a lot of grunt, but felt heavy until you started swinging it around a bit, very well balanced and handling is great.
I'm not knocking either just yet.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn’t be so quick to sell them 461’s and 046’s
Well a few good things happen when a new model enters the market. The dealers do good deals on the old model as the distributors offer incentives & cost discounts to sell old stock. Secondly on the used market PSP's rush to sell their lightly used 461's like they have ants in their pants desperately needing to upgrade to the new model even though they hardly used the old saw. So its a good time for all! I like the direction both husky & steel have gone on these saws.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The best thing about the 500i is the purge/primer bulb lol.

Be sure I've not said I want anyone to fail, success of any brand brings competition which is what makes things better for us. I'd not be ashamed to run a 462 as a lightweight 70cc saw even though I prefer all orange saws, whatever the best tool is(theirs way more than weight and speed to that) to get the job done is what I want.
Also Stihl has failed before just as all have, couple examples is the first gen 362 and the 201.
From what I can see the 462 looks like a beast, can't wait to get one in my hands.
The 572 is super smooth and has a lot of grunt, but felt heavy until you started swinging it around a bit, very well balanced and handling is great.
I'm not knocking either just yet.
Well a few good things happen when a new model enters the market. The dealers do good deals on the old model as the distributors offer incentives & cost discounts to sell old stock. Secondly on the used market PSP's rush to sell their lightly used 461's like they have ants in their pants desperately needing to upgrade to the new model even though they hardly used the old saw. So its a good time for all! I like the direction both husky & steel have gone on these saws.
Well written guys. I personally think it’s too early in the game to say either one is a flop.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good stuff Randy, thanks for taking the time.

Would be interesting to see these saws compared to their predecessors. 572 vs 372 OE and 462 vs 461, put them up against fully modded legends. The 462 gets a huge nod in the weight department, impressive. If it is built as rugged as the husky it’s a major win in mechanical engineering. But if it’s not, I’ll buy built tough over lightweight all day long. And that’s not because I think it will break, it’s because that’s just how I am. Over built is A+ in my book
If the 372 is the predecessor to the 572 then where does the 576 fit in the timeline?

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The 562XP made me a solid vote for Stihl. That saw has caused me more grief than any saw ever made.

#justthefacts

I can remember, not too long ago, on AnotherSite when such a statement would have touched off a firestorm. One worthy of 456 pages of mud slingin, name callin, hair pullin, back sratchin, and mass bannings. My how things have changed. #sunfish

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes the 562 has had some issues but the 2016+ models are pretty solid! Stihl has had issues with a few models as well!

If you are in a position to pull new saws out of boxes and test drive them on a near daily basis.......it sure opens your eyes.

Here's another true bomb. I've seen more 390XPs with busted jugs than any other saw. For some strange reason the jug bolts vibrate loose.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
7:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are in a position to pull new saws out of boxes and test drive them on a near daily basis.......it sure opens your eyes.

Here's another true bomb. I've seen more 390XPs with busted jugs than any other saw. For some strange reason the jug bolts vibrate loose.
Are you going to do more testing with these saws, or is it grinding time soon Randy?

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can remember, not too long ago, on AnotherSite when such a statement would have touched off a firestorm. One worthy of 456 pages of mud slingin, name callin, hair pullin, back sratchin, and mass bannings. My how things have changed. #sunfish
& you were the loudest & got Banded #Idahonative :lol:

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would tend to agree that Stihl saws seem more durable. I was just saying the latest 562's seem good. Maybe not though?
I'm not loyal brand guy, I have saws of Stihl,husky and dolmar. To me the dolmars seem tough to beat if you factor in price, build quality, weight and performance. They may not be the lightest or best performer of their class but in my experience they cut wood day in and day out!