MS462C - 572XP Comparison

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In re-watching those 2 videos Randy did, the 462 seems to be stuffed up in the muffler end. I bet once the port job and muffler mod is done the 462 will be a beast! [emoji106]
The Hooskie 572 was broke in already, the Stihl brand new. Gotta be sure to compare apples to apples.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
6:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
& you were the loudest & got Banded #Idahonative :lol:
Truth! Best thing AS did was get me away from all those thin skinned saw elitist...well, some came over here too;)...LOL. Those were fun times when, if I got bored, all I had to do was mention how good Echo saws were and oh boy, it was on. Kind of like the other day when Whoopi and Judge Jeanine got into it. Everything I was speaking so loudly about back then has proven to be true...mainly how overrated the 562 was.

I will say this. I now consider myself an Echo and a Stihl guy. My MMWS460 is a great saw and I like it a whole bunch with a 24" b&c for what we cut. This new 462 has definitely piqued my interest for a saw purchase down the road. If Randy can do his magic on this model, and it proves to be durable, I can visualize that saw on my shelf in the future (even with M/T). Providing Echo doesn't come out with a competing model between now and then.

Being such an Echo fan, why would I want a 70cc Stihl? Because Echo doesn't make anything in that class. If they did, I would probably be all over it. I absolutely love the 600 series Echo's. About the only thing negative that could be said for those saws is that they are a little bit heavy for the displacement. But there is so much to like about them that it can be overlooked. Simple, quality built, dead nuts reliable, powerful, easy to start etc. They are just a solid 60cc saw. I wish Echo would come out with a 70+cc based on that design. I would buy it in a heartbeat. For now, I will be following this 462 closely.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you going to do more testing with these saws, or is it grinding time soon Randy?

I'm gonna be a bit tight lipped on the mods for now. It just doesn't make good business sense to tell all I find out on them at this point. I'll be doing a thread on both......but mostly on the features of them rather than about the changes I make.

I will be posting videos from time to time though.

I would tend to agree that Stihl saws seem more durable. I was just saying the latest 562's seem good. Maybe not though?
I'm not loyal brand guy, I have saws of Stihl,husky and dolmar. To me the dolmars seem tough to beat if you factor in price, build quality, weight and performance. They may not be the lightest or best performer of their class but in my experience they cut wood day in and day out!

Out of ten new autotune Huskys I did a few weeks ago, three were dead out of the box.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
462 looks to be in the wrong direction for me. I like running a 28-34” bar on my 70cc saws. 572 will probably be better to balance those out and not be a forearm killer limbing.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
5:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna be a bit tight lipped on the mods for now. It just doesn't make good business sense to tell all I find out on them at this point. I'll be doing a thread on both......but mostly on the features of them rather than about the changes I make.

Out of ten new autotune Huskys I did a few weeks ago, three were dead out of the box.
I completely understand keeping it hush hush. Was just curious if your going to put more time on the 462 when it's stock. Either way looking forward to whatever you share with us.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Dead in what sense? Like coils?

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The best thing about the 500i is the purge/primer bulb lol.

Be sure I've not said I want anyone to fail, success of any brand brings competition which is what makes things better for us. I'd not be ashamed to run a 462 as a lightweight 70cc saw even though I prefer all orange saws, whatever the best tool is(theirs way more than weight and speed to that) to get the job done is what I want.
Also Stihl has failed before just as all have, couple examples is the first gen 362 and the 201.
From what I can see the 462 looks like a beast, can't wait to get one in my hands.
The 572 is super smooth and has a lot of grunt, but felt heavy until you started swinging it around a bit, very well balanced and handling is great.
I'm not knocking either just yet.

Totally agree for the most part. If you are looking for 462’s i can send you! Currently at 1079€ plus shipping.
For ms500i it’s a technology that will come but for now it’s first steps to balance performance, technology and many small things the loggers community could/should change or like to stick. We ll see about it.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boy that's a shame, I really like my 2260 and the only problems it had were caused by me. Wish a ported 362 would run like a ported 562 though, I'd switch in a hurry.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought they tested them at the factory prior to being sent?

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would tend to agree that Stihl saws seem more durable. I was just saying the latest 562's seem good. Maybe not though?
I'm not loyal brand guy, I have saws of Stihl,husky and dolmar. To me the dolmars seem tough to beat if you factor in price, build quality, weight and performance. They may not be the lightest or best performer of their class but in my experience they cut wood day in and day out!
Have you ran a 7900? Hard to say anything its size will out perform it.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In re-watching those 2 videos Randy did, the 462 seems to be stuffed up in the muffler end. I bet once the port job and muffler mod is done the 462 will be a beast! [emoji106]
The Hooskie 572 was broke in already, the Stihl brand new. Gotta be sure to compare apples to apples.
I must have missed where the husky was broke in? When I ran it it damn sure wasnt.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The best thing about the 500i is the purge/primer bulb lol.

Be sure I've not said I want anyone to fail, success of any brand brings competition which is what makes things better for us. I'd not be ashamed to run a 462 as a lightweight 70cc saw even though I prefer all orange saws, whatever the best tool is(theirs way more than weight and speed to that) to get the job done is what I want.
Also Stihl has failed before just as all have, couple examples is the first gen 362 and the 201.
From what I can see the 462 looks like a beast, can't wait to get one in my hands.
The 572 is super smooth and has a lot of grunt, but felt heavy until you started swinging it around a bit, very well balanced and handling is great.
I'm not knocking either just yet.

BTW Regarding the primer bulb.
I recently bought FS560 CEM brush cutter. While it’s M-Tronic i was very disappointed to see the BIG BUBBLE there... I don’t like I don’t understand why they keep it when all M tronic saws don’t have any... Lol

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you ran a 7900? Hard to say anything its size will out perform it.
Right? Put a stock 70-80cc saw from any mfg up against a 7900. I'd bet on the dolly...which is why it would be so cool to see it against these two in the wood;)