High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

MS462C - 572XP Comparison

frank rizzo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I disagree, a product typically gains legendary status not by being better that the previous model, but because the newest model fell on it's face.
Think of the models that now have legend status.
That being the case ... I wood stock up on all the 461’s I could buy !

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why did Stihl switch to strato instead of delayed scavenge? Simple design and fairly standard piston, seemed to pass EPA tests too.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wrote “gonna be” meaning in a few years everyone would speak of & for it... time will tell but I think i m going to be correct
So your saying the saw that will replace the 462 will be a flop, that wouldn't surprise me, maybe you are right lol.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good stuff Randy, thanks for taking the time.

Would be interesting to see these saws compared to their predecessors. 572 vs 372 OE and 462 vs 461, put them up against fully modded legends. The 462 gets a huge nod in the weight department, impressive. If it is built as rugged as the husky it’s a major win in mechanical engineering. But if it’s not, I’ll buy built tough over lightweight all day long. And that’s not because I think it will break, it’s because that’s just how I am. Over built is A+ in my book

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So your saying the saw that will replace the 462 will be a flop, that wouldn't surprise me, maybe you are right lol.

Also mentioned at my original post that Stihl might think of Ms500i teething problems which I personally believe they would not exist or gonna solve quickly since they test injections at their tools for years.

I think if you want Stihl to fail you will have to wait

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope that this is a new trend throughout the Stihl lineup. They need to continue to trim the physical size down. This 462 looks fairly close in size to the 261/362. I know which I’d rather use.

How’s stihl gonna do that wiff the 880 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good stuff Randy, thanks for taking the time.

Would be interesting to see these saws compared to their predecessors. 572 vs 372 OE and 462 vs 461, put them up against fully modded legends. The 462 gets a huge nod in the weight department, impressive. If it is built as rugged as the husky it’s a major win in mechanical engineering. But if it’s not, I’ll buy built tough over lightweight all day long. And that’s not because I think it will break, it’s because that’s just how I am. Over built is A+ in my book
I’m not buying any of the hype over the 462 until I get my hands on one. Legend is more than just being lightweight.