Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
None of us can change the past, we can only try to shape the future.

My wife's father was the guy that I think of as my dad. I was 21 when Glenda and I got married........and Charlie treated me like family from the first time we met. He is sorely missed by me.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Smoking is not the cause of the heart attack I have seen a lot of people my age not smoke and die from heart attack so don't try pulling the smoking card on me

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I sure as hell don't have a office job or a sit down job like that you did
That's why the guys that did physical labor are broke down while the ones sat around in a office like saying how good of condition they are

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Meh.......I'm doing a lot better.

Had to stop wearing boots. Got some Merrell lightweight hikers (Arch support and lightweight) and have been feeling very well. I chatted with Al about that (I thought it was odd that different shoes could make that much difference) and he was not surprised. But.......for now I feel pretty damn good.

You ass. You didn't think those big heavy clunky boots would matter? I would love to live in sneakers. The reality is I only ever wear boots if I have to. My bad back told me that a long long time ago. Steel toed Herman's suck until a log falls on your foot.

Buy the best insoles you can afford. My sneaker insole inserts cost more than the Wally world specials for two bits. My boot inserts cost near thirty now. Money truly well spent!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good advice on the orthotics. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Holy *s-word!!! Mustang ain't *freakin' around about this stuff. :boxing:
Don't you know chainsaw are fugging serious chit mang!

Had to stop wearing boots. Got some Merrell lightweight hikers (Arch support and lightweight) and have been feeling very well. I chatted with Al about that (I thought it was odd that different shoes could make that much difference) and he was not surprised. With a groin injury, stuff like that really matters. I still fully intend to have an MRI done when I sell my calves this spring, or if I start getting in serious pain again. But.......for now I feel pretty damn good.

Need to find a real shoe store that can fit you up some cork inserts. I paid around $60 for mine and they make a world of difference!

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Had to stop wearing boots. Got some Merrell lightweight hikers (Arch support and lightweight) and have been feeling very well. I chatted with Al about that (I thought it was odd that different shoes could make that much difference) and he was not surprised. With a groin injury, stuff like that really matters. I still fully intend to have an MRI done when I sell my calves this spring, or if I start getting in serious pain again. But.......for now I feel pretty damn good.

Glad to you hear you are feeling better. Have you ever had the length of your legs measured? Most peoples lega vary a little bit a difference of as little a 3/8 of an inch can be terror on your hips and groin. Might never noticenit day to day as the body will adjust but after an injury you often won't heal properly.

I know I am supposed to take a shot about how many times the toothpicks have been broken off or something but I'm having a hard time coming up with something good. @Jon1212 can I get a little help here friend?

Anyway sometimes you need an extra thick insole on one side, amazing results with subtle changes if you get it figured out...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to you hear you are feeling better. Have you ever had the length of your legs measured? Most peoples lega vary a little bit a difference of as little a 3/8 of an inch can be terror on your hips and groin. Might never noticenit day to day as the body will adjust but after an injury you often won't heal properly.

I know I am supposed to take a shot about how many times the toothpicks have been broken off or something but I'm having a hard time coming up with something good. @Jon1212 can I get a little help here friend?

Anyway sometimes you need an extra thick insole on one side, amazing results with subtle changes if you get it figured out...

All I've ever done is work Gary.

If I've went to a doctor it's been because I needed a body part sewn back on.......or was deathly sick. Legs measured huh? I got a tape measure.....

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dallas, such hostility, and I did not direct it at you. However, if you are arguing that smoking does not contribute to heart attacks then you are living in fantasy land.

It will age you prematurely, it will harden your arteries, and it will usually result in a premature death.

My Dad was one of 6. The three that smoked, including the two youngest, all died before the others. Does not always work that way, but I prefer to put the odds in my favor.

It is your life, do what you want with it. You are old enough to make your own decisions.

Some people think I'm crazy for bike riding on the streets, and chainsaws are very dangerous, we all make our own decisions.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If I've went to a doctor it's been because I needed a body part sewn back on.......or was deathly sick. Legs measured huh? I got a tape measure.....

When I used to run regularly, I learned the importance of proper footwear, it makes a huge difference.

Some of the sneaker sales web sites go through the different types of arches and how to determine what is best for you.

If I don't like how a boot feels, I put an insert in it.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you want to argue mike I'm willing but there is lots of factors that go into people having heart attacks and dying in other ways I knew a woman who died of scirosis of the liver that never drank alcohol

A lot is the *s-wordty preservatives they put in food

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Tape measure should be a good start.

Step One : Take off pants and lie down
Step Two : Give Glenda Tape Measure
Step Three : Wait for her to stop laughing
Step Four : Explain to her that one of your friends on the internet told you to do this
Step Five : See Step Three...
Step Six : Have her measure from the boney part of your hip down to the pointy part of the ankle, repeat on other side
Step Seven : Compare the numbers...
Step Eight : Wait for my bill in the mail...

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Step Four : Explain to her that one of your friends on the internet told you to do this
Step Six : Have her measure from the boney part of your hip down to the pointy part of the ankle, repeat on other side
lmao step 3

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Well.........I think it would be more accurate to measure from the exit hole.

Thoughts?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Come on is that the best ploy you can come up with to get his pants off!

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well as long as it run like a turd like they have since they made them, it wnt matter. It's just a lighter turd.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you want to argue mike I'm willing but there is lots of factors that go into people having heart attacks and dying in other ways I knew a woman who died of scirosis of the liver that never drank alcohol

A lot is the *s-wordty preservatives they put in food

Not looking to argue, and yes there are a lot of factors, some we can control and some we can not. I look to control the ones that I can, and gardening and hunting help to reduce preservatives, plus paying attention to what you eat.

I try to avoid fried foods and processed meats, and I do aerobic workouts (running, biking, hiking, swimming, etc) and I did them even when I worked for the moving company (which was pretty tough work). IMO, the importance of aerobic workouts is severely underestimated.

I'm sure that a lot of my former co workers will be grateful to know that office work was healthy for them ... NOT!!!