High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS200T rebuild. Paint, Squish and value

Patric Mudge

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm trying to get the video up! I uploaded it unlisted to post on here and now youtube have suspended my account for spam? I am completely confused! Hopefully I will have it up soon!

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s common of youtube, the silly algorithm can’t work out what’s a chainsaw.

if you know the vid link, Or any of your vids that you ave uploaded before. then paste it in the account details on the appeals link in the email. And say along the lines of what the vid is and you wanted to show someone it running. And that no violations of youtube polices were broken. Then you should get it back. It could take a day till they review it

with my other yt account that I made to upload vids of the comings&going’s in the block I live. Problem we have and to prove what Were saying is not a bunch of lies.
While I was setting it up, as setting all vids are for over 18s and the vids private until I share a link then it makes/ask to be unlisted, I got suspended due to suspicious activities. I,m guess It was because I used multi devices to log into it.
Anyhow I got it back

Good luck, and the other thing you could do if you wanted is to make a Vimeo account..

Patric Mudge

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And I'm back! Youtube account unlocked and video finally uploaded. It will be interesting to get an opinion on the tuning side. It seems kind of sluggish on the acceleration, not boggy or anything but not as fast to accelerate as I would expect. Maybe it's because I don't have the little fuel pump in the carb. apart from that I am awaiting delivery of a decent Tach. The one I am using isn't remotely accurate so I have tuned it by ear for now, taken out very quickly to smooth and then back to 4 stroking and a little extra for safety. The tach I have says 13400 but it also said that idle was 3400 when it was juddering and was probably more like 2000!

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To me that seems just like mine.
i think it is in the late 12s to low 13k range from the sounds of it tick over the chain don’t creep yeh 2.8 -3k
I prefer mine ticking over slightly lower 2- 2.3k But that’s me with all me saws..

and did anyone say your not ment to one hand them and use them on the ground :risas3:

like I take any notice of those rules;) :D

give it some time and I,m sure it will get better,,:)

Patric Mudge

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Next time I'm up a tree with branches hovering over a building I'll make sure to sprout a 3rd arm and take a video then;) . I still don't think it's set right though. It bogs completely when cold! I have to warm it up before it will rev:mad: I did end up putting a Chinese carb kit in it and I have the genuine zama kit now so I may swap those out and then tune when the 0.5 refresh rate tacho arrives! This saw shouldn't have too much "run in" time. The only new bit is the crank bearings and rings in the running gear side. It just seems odd... I did a pressure and vac test of everything so there's no leaks but it just doesn't seem right!

Patric Mudge

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not sure I would get much reach with my third leg I'm afraid

:roflmao:

Wonkeydonkey, that would be ideal! Having an idea of where the tuning should be would be ace. How did you get on tuning your idle? I tried to follow the stihl guide (I appreciate it will be slightly out after porting) by tuning the low jet for the fastest idle at 3600 rpm by matching it with the LA screw and then bringing the rpm back down on the L jet. It seems to be good but then it won't accelerate at all cold so I have no idea. I also seem to be getting a lot of fuel blowback onto the air filter which seems odd but I suppose there's no reed valve in these

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
sorry for the camera/phone getting knocked over twice. It was just a quick vid today as the plan for tomorrow has changed... I see if I can remember tuning it, I know I had to retune it a bit afterwards

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember finding it difficult to tune as it would not start afterwards when warm without a blip on the throttle. But it ran great..
I did the Steve’s small engine yt channel tune, set screws to std and warm it up so it ticks over at about 2,5k then open low screw till it almost dyes Then turn it in till it runs fast. You want it in the middle (the sweet spot) then rev it and listen for it 4stroking, lean it back and forth till you find the just 4stroking.
The prob I had then is it would start..warm also it left on tickover it was a bit rich and would cough a load of smoke when reved. So to cure it I had to lean the low out a bit and richer the high and adjust the la.

I forgot the bit about the chain running and stopping it with the tuning

Edit in my vid the wood is London plane been down about 4/6months

anyhow have a look

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ho diddy dumb Fuggers yt seems to have done my account again. Let’s get into my email and see what they say..

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes that email said repeat violations spam etc, filled it in the appeals thing it’s only a chainsaw and I was just making it a 18+ vid when you pulled it ab suspended my account
.. then less than 12hrs later It’s back..

Patric Mudge

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
:risas3: What has youtube got against chainsaws?!

The video of yours basically looks to do exactly the same as mine (Bog when cold) so its "Situation normal" in that case.

I've seen that youtube vid from years back when I was needing some help! The funny thing is that starting from cold or hot is perfect. It starts in about 4 pulls cold and one pull hot, just odd about the bogging. I guess it's a side effect of porting it...

Patric Mudge

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I took the carb back off today to have a look at the piston/cylinder (overthinking as usual) and to put a genuine zama carb kit in it and get rid of the garbage Chinese one. There's a tonne of oil on the filter and all over the carb... Also had a mass fuel evacuation from the tank as it warmed up and pressurised then when I disconnected the carb it exploded everywhere out the fuel pipe... :BangHead:

Surely this isn't normal? I've not seen it on a carb before?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You got the one without the accelerator pump..?? They moved away from the accelerator as it’s a problem later and the epa.. didn’t like them spewing fuel an fumes out

Patric Mudge

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well apparently so, no accelerator pump on mine. Just seems odd that's its all sopping wet. This 200 is older though. Maybe the carb got swapped out at some point. I had the old style of fuel tank and breather set up before I changed the tank for the newer type with the breather in the handle...

Patric Mudge

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So, I put a genuine zama carb rebuild kit in it and replaced the pop off valve (I think fuel was seeping past hence the flooded carb) and its much better. Tuned the idle jet and LA as "fast" as possible at 3800rpm and then brought the idle down to 2800rpm by richening the L jet. I tuned the H jet to 13850 as I found it wasn't really 4 stroking that much at 14000 (although it probably would have been fine?¿) so let it run rich then retuned the idle a little to get the best throttle response (screwed in the LA about 1/4 and then undid the L about 1/8) it's perfect now!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got one of my 2 Ms 200t's modified .If memory serves it was around 32 thou piston head deck clearance before I cut the base to around 20-22 after .Domed pop up piston .That weird little muffler is not really a pressure can type because it doesn't have the proper shape .It's a type of baffled muffler and as such I carved away on the diverters slightly enlarged the two exit holes and of course widened the exhaust port a little bit .I forgot but I think it's it's around 96 after opening .
Also if memory serves that screen plate is slightly different and the North American version has an extra hole it it .Makes no diff because it was removed .
The carb is or was the latest version of the Zama C1Q with an accelerator pump right from the factory in Virginia Beach .It's a long story but I sent the factory a carb I thought I had found what caused the earlier problems of which the carb lab ran tests on .They sent me a brand new one to replace it .
That thing had sat on the shelf for two years until about a week ago.New fuel and it fired right up and ran great .This one is a little faster than most with a 7 tooth rim and rapid super chain .
They are neat little saws but mine don't see much action because I have other neat rear handled saws namely an 024 .In the very rare occasion where I go up in a tree it's with a 200T .I much prefer a bucket truck these days as I'm a tad long in the tooth .

Last edited: