ms 462

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
5:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as I did understand my dealer right, the fuel settings are changed. That means calibrating it like this is like tuning a carb without limiter caps. Calibrating without software is like tuning the carb with seated limiting caps, no full range availible.
I am interested to see some videos of in the wood changes by doing the calibrations on a 462 or 661. Do the in field calibrations and log the time then do the computer change and log time. See the differences.

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s the one that started this thread :aaaaa:

I have ran it a few times once work started on it. Seeing the changes along the way have been awesome. I ran it at Randys and then at Scott’s a month or so later. Awesome power in a light package.

AlexSwan

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I know tha feeling!!!
68d17511335c846a401d90d37659fe2a.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το LG-H818 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hey mate, where did you get the wrap handle for it? Or is it custom made?
I can't figure out how some of you make these yourselves.
Definitely want one. :clap:

Iceboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey mate, where did you get the wrap handle for it? Or is it custom made?
I can't figure out how some of you make these yourselves.
Definitely want one. :clap:

The saw came with the standard handle. Dan a member here ( @AlfA01 ) arranged me one! Really nice person and always helpful!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Different (reset procedure) than what I had learned. On the older M Tronic, 1) Start position for 90 sec, shut down, 2) Run 90 sec at idle, shut down, 3) restart saw and put it in some big wood.

The problem is when the saw is run low on fuel for too long, it goes into rich mode (to protect from an air leak) and the saw will not start (normally) or idle, and you can not reset it yourself. Some dealers know how to do a reset after this happens. You can often start the saw if someone holds the throttle open while you pull the cord. The saw will not idle, but if you run about 6 tanks of fuel through it, it will eventually correct itself. It is a real PITA, but it works.