High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

MS 460 kits ... Finally!

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
8:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Did you order an intake clamp also wrong one sent in kit too small. As was noted by a previous member

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The thing I don't like about Hyway cylinders is how the mould halves often don't line up coupled with how the cooling fins are thick makes it such that almost no air can get past the seam in the middle. I have a couple cheaper 460 cylinders that have excellent fin spacing, thin fins, good half alignment. I noticed the same thing when comparing a 395 Hyway cylinder vs OEM, a night and day difference in cooling.

Last edited:

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sticking choke butterfly problem solved.
[emoji322][emoji322]

9e9fcef4175364ae70e2f178530ab22f.jpg

Stihl part on the left, Farmertec POS on the right.

See the lever that contacts the choke bell crank?

Stihl part has nice curve to it. Farmertec part is just straight.

Found the Stihl control shaft in some misc I had salvaged from a broken tank from a MS440.

Save them tiny bits. [emoji6]

Last edited:

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Operator presence leaver stick. So took handle apart massage parts. Working good. Had to clean some flashing in cylinder so I ported cylinder while there. Screw in intake to hold air filter cover came stripped so had to retap and epoxy. Complete now

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It went together really well. No fitmant problems. Only problems I had I mentioned above. I may get a different carb for it. Haven’t run it yet. Will put it to some wood this weekend.

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry guys had my kids all last week had toe other saw projects on the go for other people, so I got them done first. Finally last night got around to starting up 460. And.——— it won’t light up so got to do some diagnostic to Se what I’m missing. It has a lot of compression pops off decomp every short pull. Dam wore out my arm. I’ll keep you guys posted on what I find. I didn’t like the carb right off the start and had ordered another