PAST MMWS 2021 GTG...Cancelled

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@hoskvarna the heart issues that have been documented is a condition called myocarditis which is inflammation of the heart. Its seems to be in younger males for some reason.
10 years ago I had myocarditis from strep throat that wouldn't go away, spent 1 week in the hospital it was not fun!

I spoke with my family doc about this prior to my son getting vaccinated.
The whole thing I find funny is when the polio vaccine came out what 60 years ago. People where standing in lines for blocks to get it, I'd like to think that medical technology has advanced some scence then! Point is all these vaccines we give our kids as parents today we're all new at one time and we do it today without a second thought. Other than the political b.s. why is this one any different?!?!

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@hoskvarna the heart issues that have been documented is a condition called myocarditis which is inflammation of the heart. Its seems to be in younger males for some reason.
10 years ago I had myocarditis from strep throat that wouldn't go away, spent 1 week in the hospital it was not fun!

I spoke with my family doc about this prior to my son getting vaccinated.
The whole thing I find funny is when the polio vaccine came out what 60 years ago. People where standing in lines for blocks to get it, I'd like to think that medical technology has advanced some scence then! Point is all these vaccines we give our kids as parents today we're all new at one time and we do it today without a second thought. Other than the political b.s. why is this one any different?!?!
I think the political bs IS the difference.
Seems that if you don't like what they have to say on the news just change the channel till you find what you want to hear.
But don't watch that same channel too long or they will change what they said in a few days.
There is more mis-information than actual information out there and the social media platforms just compound the problem.

Just viewing from a distance, I take everything I see in the media with a grain of salt. My wife is a nurse and I listen more to what she has to say about patient load and hospital occupancy rates which is NOT the same as what is reported on the local news. No recourse for the media they can say whatever they want.

Freedom (of thought, religion etc.) is what makes this country great but also can cause divides when people don't respect some else's right to have their own opinion.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
3:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The biggest problem is that this has been turned into a political discussion Jeff. A vaccine for a virus that has killed 660,000 Americans should never have been used as a political football. So.....if we are going to discuss it, let us please keep politics out of it.

In this age of social media, it is possible to search for, and find a group of people who will validate our opinions. Whether we think the moon landings were fake, or we think that the earth is flat, there are people out there that are ready with "facts" to support your beliefs on the matter.

So.....please. Let's leave what the politicians, and the conspiracy theorists say out of it.
Unfortunately everything it seems anymore has been politicized. I agree, this virus and the vaccine, getting it or not ect should not and to me, is not political.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I work with a flat earther.

I asked him " So cool the earth is flat, now what are you going to do with that info now?"

He spit and sputtered away.
Ya know what blows my mind about flat earthers? None have come up with, that I've seen anyway, why the world's governments and all the space agencies ect would pull the wool over the entire world on the shape of the planet. For fuggs sake there is nothing to be gained from this "lie" they believe we are being told. I find this about the most absurd conspiracy theory out there 100% because there is no benefit to the powers that be wether we believe it's round, flat or any other shape. Odd as hell to me.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
7:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya know what blows my mind about flat earthers? None have come up with, that I've seen anyway, why the world's governments and all the space agencies ect would pull the wool over the entire world on the shape of the planet. For fuggs sake there is nothing to be gained from this "lie" they believe we are being told. I find this about the most absurd conspiracy theory out there 100% because there is no benefit to the powers that be wether we believe it's round, flat or any other shape. Odd as hell to me.
Plus, they don't have a very good explanation for why us fullas on the bottom side don't simply fall off.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Plus, they don't have a very good explanation for why us fullas on the bottom side don't simply fall off.

I thought you guys put bubble gum on everything so it don't fall off?

Shirts.

Are you fellas actually interested in some shirts?

I can handle doing a run of shirts.

I'm down for a large shirt.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
7:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think/hope it might help to put a lid on the negative threads sooner, maybe even delete some, and keep the hard/messy stuff to PMs vs. public…though I know that is asking more of the mods.
Or maybe folks should just get out more David. How good do you feel having travelled around the country meeting some new friends and running a few saws and seeing some sights. Tired, no doubt, but i bet pretty fulfilled.
Covid, religion, politics, lock-downs....there's a lot going on. Folks are bound to be a bit nervy. Taking it out on each other here ain't the fix tho.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think/hope it might help to put a lid on the negative threads sooner, maybe even delete some, and keep the hard/messy stuff to PMs vs. public…though I know that is asking more of the mods.

We all sorta thought letting stuff die a natural death would work better. But.....I'm beginning to rethink that.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We all sorta thought letting stuff die a natural death would work better. But.....I'm beginning to rethink that.
I was thinking from an outside lookin in perspective…a pitchfork show doesn’t look like a good place to hang out, no matter whether it’s justified or not.

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our way of doing things, our way of living, our hobbies are going or being taken away…division doesn’t help. I see the same problems in off road groups. The cycle guys vs the jeep guys vs the rock bouncers vs the krawlers vs the overlanders vs the desert racers vs the dune people, and then the side x side people. They gotta stick together or we all lose. Same with shooting, hunting, and other traditional American hobbies. Drift vs lowrider vs drag racer…we divide and the variety of flavors is what makes us American, but divided we are conquered.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two things......

1) Why are you not popular? You've always dealt straight with me.
2) What date would be better?
I'm not popular for obvious reasons. I'm OK with that. It's pretty obvious I won't be breaking bread with some guys here.

1st or last week of October, but Don't change anything for me.

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or maybe folks should just get out more David. How good do you feel having travelled around the country meeting some new friends and running a few saws and seeing some sights. Tired, no doubt, but i bet pretty fulfilled.
Covid, religion, politics, lock-downs....there's a lot going on. Folks are bound to be a bit nervy. Taking it out on each other here ain't the fix tho.
I’m relieved to see that the whole world ain’t crazy like it seems.

It does seem to me that most that live in big cities are. No offense intended, but they just don’t think or live like me or most of us, and it ain’t good where they live…not that I want them to move to where I live. It’s citified enough compared to the North Woods.