Country flag

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It sounds pretty darn good though - good, crisp throttle response. Are you gonna stick with the GEM muffler for now?
I am going to do more testing on the mufflers, I noticed that the puck muffler I had on there was cracked at the base, and needs weld it up. But I also recently picked up a nice puck muffler, it’s the kart style without the mounting hole for the head, just not sure if I should weld around the base of it before I install it, this cart motor is really hard on muffler! LOL I also picked up a nice box muffler, so I can finally do a three-way shoot out! I’m also not sure if I’m going to make an adjustable outlet for the gem muffler to be able to tune it. I was actually able to get the gem muffler to run pretty well by the end of testing, I found out that need to be just on the edge of too rich to pull the best.

Last edited:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It sounds pretty darn good though - good, crisp throttle response. Are you gonna stick with the GEM muffler for now?
I am still learning with the saw, I’ve been messing around with tuning quite a bit, small changes in the tune can make a pretty dramatic difference, Like the eight screw is probably sensitive to the 16th of a turn, if it’s just a touch lean it loses a fair amount at torque, But will sound totally fine.
Also learning what it likes for load, I think I’d have to add another tooth on the sprocket to make it self feed better, I can dog down pretty hard and it doesn’t seem to mind too much, but the Oiler is at its limit or I have issues. I can have it so it’s dripping oil off the bar for a foot to foot and a half and it will dry up in the cut, the wood is really dry, even the 797 was having issues drying up.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah my dad had a lot of issues with that and he used to cut the bar oil in half with diesel to help. He would complain about that though because in those days you could get a refill on
your 5-gallon bar oil jug for 50 cents a gallon but diesel was 79 cents a gallon at the time.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah my dad had a lot of issues with that and he used to cut the bar oil in half with diesel to help. He would complain about that though because in those days you could get a refill on
your 5-gallon bar oil jug for 50 cents a gallon but diesel was 79 cents a gallon at the time.
That’s an awesome story! I will try and that.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Realized I forgot to post the .404 8 pin video

I uploaded the one that the clutch backed off, dang right hand thread cranks! Lol

I was cutting into a big nasty spot to test it out, it actually held higher rpm in the harder wood, then the clutch backed off. I brought and impact, tightening it up and kept cutting.
This is still the wb3

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag