Mastermind Meets The New MS362C Type II

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So with the higher exhaust do we see slightly higher revving but a little less torque than the oe?
Or maybe the redesigned combustion chamber helped the higher exhaust achieve higher revs but maintain the torque?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im buying that. Randy will bump the compression and should make a faster saw than OE

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are the jugs, or other parts, interchangeable between the two saws?

The cases are the same. I think all parts are easily interchanged.

So if I'm reading this correctly, this isn't a reinvention of the wheel, this isn't further evidence of the EPA ruining our favourite toys and the earths axis hasn't shifted dramatically.
A few tweaks that appear well considered that make the saw lighter, a few tweaks that may make the saw run presumably better when stock and all the likelihood of a ported 60cc saw that goes toe to toe with other ported 60cc saws. About right?

You are spot on....as far as I can tell.

So with the higher exhaust do we see slightly higher revving but a little less torque than the oe?
Or maybe the redesigned combustion chamber helped the higher exhaust achieve higher revs but maintain the torque?

I disagree with the port timing changes they made. They are probably stuck on transfer port height by the epa though. To make this saw come alive, the transfers need to be much higher. What they did gave it even more blowdown....when what it really needs is less. They should have used crank stuffers if they wanted to see a performance gain at these numbers.

Got any thoughts on the deposite pattern on that new piston top…?

Not enough run time to make a determination in my humble opinion.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I seen one of these at the dealor today and was shocked at how expensive it was.
Good looking saw though,looks like a runner too.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think it was 760 or so but I didn't pay much attention. 661 was 1208.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Unless it's a couple hundred bucks I'm not interested. I asked them an they said they've never sold one. Small saws don't sell here.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's my spec sheet for this saw. For the geeks again. :)
So does this mean you use the same numbers for both oe and ne? Same cuts and all?
The ne looks to be stronger with the improved combustion chamber all other things the same?

Oh, and if I looked at the spec sheet does that mean I'm a geek? [emoji33] I thought I had grown out of that! Damn it!!![emoji23]

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
10:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I think the difference in fin design is just to shave a few ounces off......

NE:

View attachment 9750

OE:

View attachment 9749

I think it has to due with the fact that heat rises. The slanted fins look to be spaced out more as well. I think this design will allow more efficient air movement, both when the fan is forcing it (maybe the reduced fan pumping loss is where they got their .1 hp increase), and when the saw is at rest between tanks. Think of it like a chimney drafting.

Did the max rpm increase? Did the exhaust system change at all? Curious about what the 3* exhaust increase accomplished or offset.