High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Let's swap some funny woodcutting stories

Alaskan

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I had been a firewood cutter for years and had always wanted to get a dump truck to save on work. Years ago when I finally got one, a 68 Ford single axle with a 2 1/2 yard bed.

I threw on some wood racks and went down to my neighbors and him and I started cleaning up a mess a logger had left in his hayfield. Tops, rotted heart logs or anything that had no value to the mill was in the field.

We hay stacked that little dump truck (over 2 cords) and asked $100, about $20 more than a cord was selling for at the time. We figured we were making out good, cleaning the field and we get to dump the load, so the cheaper price was fair to us.

Then we left the truck at a local store, the owner told us she was glad to help and would let folks use the phone to call us. We got a call right away and off we went to deliver.

We get to the house and this nice little white haired lady comes out to meet us.

She says, you just back down there and you can see my woodshed, just throw the firewood through the opening (about a 4' by 4'hole in the wall), oh, and you don't need to stack it, my son will do that.

My jaw must have hit the floor!

I think really throw it, the wood is obviously in a dump truck! But she's nice old gal and she needs the wood, so what the heck lets get it thrown in there for her.

She paid us cash and took another 7 loads that spring, we got the field all cleaned up, burned all the brush and bark and was on time to plant oats.

Those first few loads with the dump truck were a bit disappointing, but through the years, we did dump off a lot of firewood!

It was all good in the end!

Let's hear some of your stories! :)

Last edited: