Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
do you still rent pigs

Never did. These porcines ain't for rentin out !!!!

Does the 462 seem less durable than the 461? Never used the 461, so I’m curious

The jury is still out on that young man. The 462 is still new enough that we don't have as much feedback on it as we do the 461.

But.....I just got off the phone with one of my customers who has been felling big veneer timber with a 462 I built for him. He loves the saw.....and got it last fall. He's put a bunch of logs on the truck with it, and had zero issues.

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Never did. These porcines ain't for rentin out !!!!

The jury is still out on that young man. The 462 is still new enough that we don't have as much feedback on it as we do the 461.

But.....I just got off the phone with one of my customers who has been felling big veneer timber with a 462 I built for him. He loves the saw.....and got it last fall. He's put a bunch of logs on the truck with it, and had zero issues.
That’s good to know. Once I’ve got the money, I may buy a 462 for personal use. And hopefully a 572 along with it cuz the CAD is getting to me

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
2k plus of work does not equal 2k plus of profit. Heck I'd be stunned if it worked out to 1k in profit. Building, utilities, tools, consumables...

You forgot his favorite Uncle taking his cut right off the top. I always tell folks that think I charge too much for tree work the truth is I get to keep far less than half what I'm charging.

PJLink

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy,

In a perfect world, assuming you didnt run into any problems or get interrupted - How long does it take you start to finish to tear down, port do all the other tidbits, and reassemble a saw?

BTW - Not to hijack, but the 395XP you built for me is a absolute monster and seems to have gotten stronger since getting broken in. May have to figure out something to upgrade the clutch, to much power for it, not that im complaining :headbang::headbang::beer-toast1::beer-toast1:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy,

In a perfect world, assuming you didnt run into any problems or get interrupted - How long does it take you start to finish to tear down, port do all the other tidbits, and reassemble a saw?

BTW - Not to hijack, but the 395XP you built for me is a absolute monster and seems to have gotten stronger since getting broken in. May have to figure out something to upgrade the clutch, to much power for it, not that im complaining :headbang::headbang::beer-toast1::beer-toast1:

I can do a saw a day usually. Doing them in groups speeds me up some.

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Up here in canukistan we have to work over half the year for the guberment before we get any money...
With Truegrope at the helm i see that going to 3/4 of a year soon.
Beginning to think it's time to ditch the business and go underground...
May not make as much money,but it would be all mine