jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worse one I ever did was a 7900 that canola oil had been used in instead of bar oil.

Canola oil would gum the works up alright, especially if the saw had gotten hot.

I rebuilt an 044 for an arborist in Florida once that had cut a lot of Palm trees. I guess Palm sap is real acidic - it had several holes eaten
through the bottom of the case. The bar pad was about half gone.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
8:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worse one I ever did was a 7900 that canola oil had been used in instead of bar oil.
Believe my worst was a 372 that was running drain oil. Or maybe canola. Everything was black and gooey. Every screw head needed blown out with air. I was covered from head to toe

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Believe my worst was a 372 that was running drain oil. Or maybe canola. Everything was black and gooey. Every screw head needed blown out with air. I was covered from head to toe

Did you charge extra?

PJLink

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My MMWS 395 oiled a 50" bar just fine buried in very pitchy fir. Pitchy wood is an excellent test of oiling capability. It had the power to pull a lot more bar, but i didn't have a 60" to try the oil capacity out. I'm pretty sure the power was there for a 72" bar, no problem. Unbelievable for 93cc's.

Not surprised to read this. This is my first MMWS, this saw continues to surprise me when i run it.

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I've thrown away a complete 365 part saw just because it use used DIESEL engine oil as bar oil. Everything is black. Just too messy. Blacken my table, clothing, tools. Pissed me off. I would spend more time cleaning everything after fixing that saw.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've thrown away a complete 365 part saw just because it use used DIESEL engine oil as bar oil. Everything is black. Just too messy. Blacken my table, clothing, tools. Pissed me off. I would spend more time cleaning everything after fixing that saw.
I would dumpster dive for that MFER.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s this thing called brake clean or gas, a brush and a plastic tub. I heard they work well and are affordable. Lol

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep.....lots of guys here that can do as good or better on these saws than I can.

You Sir are the Henry Ford of chainsaw porting.

Nasty business.

Canola oil would gum the works up alright, especially if the saw had gotten hot.

I rebuilt an 044 for an arborist in Florida once that had cut a lot of Palm trees. I guess Palm sap is real acidic - it had several holes eaten
through the bottom of the case. The bar pad was about half gone.

Worked on a 757 from Florida, right side case was "lightened" extensively.

What yall think about a NOS discontinued saw build off?

Nice on you for putting up the saws.

I’d like to see some antique saws running.
Preferably from manufactures that no longer exist.
No plastic, no chain breaks. Maybe a handle on the working end, so your friend can play too.

Have a few old timers coming up, McCulloch, Poulan and Pioneer.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s this thing called brake clean or gas, a brush and a plastic tub. I heard they work well and are affordable. Lol
I actually think the foaming cleaner and the power washer would be about the best on one of these. I clean up almost every part of a dirty saw in the parts washer, but some of these are really bad