• Poll closed .

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree. I don`t know if it is because I am now older and don`t follow football as much as I did in the past or what, but the game seems different to me. I`m a bit old school when it comes to the fields, rules, hype, etc. I really lost interest in "field" sports when they went from good ol` grass fields to turf. I just think there is something to playing on actual grass, mud, and dirt vs playing on turf. Sure it may be cheaper to maintain but I don`t recall it being so expensive when I played sports that needed to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for Maintenace costs. Plus, that turf crap burns when you slide on it.

Don`t even get me started on not being able to rip the QB`s head off now. What's the point in playing if you can`t do that...:D
My son decided to play this year for the first time as an 8th grader. He had several “targeting” calls for hitting the QB as an OSLB. The QB doesn’t have to worry about getting his head ripped off so he can concentrate on the pass more now. Pansifying football was the worse thing they did!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
10:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went cargo pants, but would have tapped the "I have a complete lack of self awareness" button if that had been an option. I bet that that guy has zero friends.

Dudes that wear cargo pants are less trustworthy than even dudes who wear soul patches...

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
12:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I enjoy watching some of it but they are sissifying it a lot. Even at the high school level. I was able and we ran the good old wishbone back then. Wasn't any prancing around!

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
1:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I enjoy watching some of it but they are sissifying it a lot. Even at the high school level. I was able and we ran the good old wishbone back then. Wasn't any prancing around!
It was all in black-and-white back then. Didn’t all the jerseys look the same?