• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DexterDay

Hello?
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
When one person hates it can make others hate, I call it the pile on syndrome.

How can that be regulated?

This can all be regulated with Xenforo..

A review section can be posted in. But before it's seen? The owner, Admin, etc would have to approve it before it's posted. If it's a rant or troll? Then you just don't approve.. Easy Peasy.. :)

It can be a good thing and a bad thing.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it's a great idea. Kinda like AS has before Linkbux

Not specifically for "porters" but it would be great if a feedback system would be available for guys in the classifieds and swap meet section.

Right now this forum is small enough that word will spread very fast if there is a sour deal. But if this place keeps on going as it is I can foresee it being a huge AS competitor. Once it gets that big and broad a feedback system will be very handy to have in place.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Once it gets that big and broad.....

uh-oh
no-fat-chicks-jpeg.jpg

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Let me share this.......

Out of the many saws I've done.......I've had exactly two people that I could not make happy.

Now is that because my saws are something special? Well hell no. It's because I am determined to do whatever it takes to work it out with the guy on the other side of the deal. Out of those two people.......I ended up becoming friends with one of them. There is that one guy though........he hates my guts probably. I finally told him to go pound sand up his ass.

I still cant fit that bag of sand in my ass ....

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let me share this.......

Out of the many saws I've done.......I've had exactly two people that I could not make happy.

Now is that because my saws are something special? Well hell no. It's because I am determined to do whatever it takes to work it out with the guy on the other side of the deal. Out of those two people.......I ended up becoming friends with one of them. There is that one guy though........he hates my guts probably. I finally told him to go pound sand up his ass.

You realize that you can just put the word out there will be dozens of people heading to Virginia to kick T1 in the sack.........

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I believe it's a good idea. Kinda like ebay. Lets you know
whos honest and whos not. Although there are folks out
there you just can not please.
Yeah, but who the hell cares about that guy anyway. Send him a box of Kleenex.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Id be interested in a feedback system for the classifieds. Generally I do repeat business with the same guys, with friendship as the foundation we do the deal on.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy could start a 'Saw Builders Association' where builders have a set of guidelines and criteria to meet. I think same rules for all builders in the association. Their work/methods can be different but a set procedure to deal with issues when they arise. The membership may incur a monthly yearly cost and perhaps an on cost of some type is passed onto the customer. Someone would chair the association and could mediate between customer and builder to resolve issues. I would as a customer happily pay a $25 on cost to know I have a system and code of practice in place. With builders having 'fanclubs' many don't choose to voice an issue due to fear of reprisal or simply don't want to cause public hurt to whoever provided the service. Having a behind the scenes system that resolves any issues by a arbitrator third party could prevent reputation damage to builders and protect customers. Rules of the association could involve blacklisting anyone offering services that is continually falling short of code of practice. The way things are aired publicly now is not fair or good to either party involved. People would then have confidence dealing with those in the 'Saw Builders Association' and provide a good list of options for customers. Just an idea I have made work in another industry trading on the wholesale auto market.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A one line post that says Dave is a poopy head with 52 yes votes is a lot less helpful than a short post that says Dave wraps his cylinder kits in rotting cabbage leaves for shipping and the secretions eat away the lining rendering them useless.
Perhaps a picture or word count should be required to prevent the hassle of having to moderate 126 "dave is a poopyhead" posts daily.

For the record: Dave is not a poopy-head. He does smell funny though.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm all for a feedback system.

Like Joey said, to err is human, how you handle it defines the person you are.

It's not possible to make everyone happy all of the time, so most will get at least some negative feedback, it's understandable.

Make the worst rating "_________ is a poopyhead"

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I must say I have had many transactions that involve an element of trust between myself and forum members/sponsers, I am yet to have a sour deal or any major hiccups. Actually many times members have exceeded expectations and gone the extra mile acurately descibing condition of saws and stuff. While I have never personally met folks I have dealt with, you kinda work out what members are like by the way they post and what others have to say. I missed out on deals simply because a member has a low post count and you hear of bad stuff happening on the odd occaision.

weedkilla

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All I can think is "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".
I get the idea that a feedback system would provide new customers with some confidence, but every time there is a bad review someone will have to sort it out - when it should be sorted out between the two people directly involved.
So somebody is charged with working out who is in the right, now that is a hell of a responsibility. It's looking like that person would be randy, and I wouldn't wish it upon him.

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm all for a feedback system.it would weed the moodys out pretty quick.a bad builder,seller,parts pusher,etc.could go on for a pretty good while before hes called out.in the meantime said seller could take off with a dozen guys money.