High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i stopped the oil leak on two of my little huskys by just changing the rubber parts i didnt use any sealer at all i just made sure that they were seated correctly with care and not just yanked into place like the get installed in the factory. neither saw leaks a drop now

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
5:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i stopped the oil leak on two of my little huskys by just changing the rubber parts i didnt use any sealer at all i just made sure that they were seated correctly with care and not just yanked into place like the get installed in the factory. neither saw leaks a drop now
Did you use new oem hoses? Some internet legends say the new parts were redesigned and have a tighter fit... I hate oil leaks!

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
5:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I replace with new I don't seal either. After a couple years if they start to weep, then it's time to break out the goop, leak again... time for new.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you use new oem hoses? Some internet legends say the new parts were redesigned and have a tighter fit... I hate oil leaks!
yes i used new oem parts and cleaned them really good and stripped all of the oil off of the surfaces and used spit as lube to install them. this has worked on all of my leaky huskys

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Going to have to try that on my 51, trouble is I will have to change its name from old leaky to something else, my 372xpg seems to leave it,s mark a bit too much but I think a new hose will fix that one. I'm just finishing up a 572 right now and did notice that the 565's are a little stingy on oil so maybe try the fix on that one with the plunger before it goes out the door, good thread