Husqvarna 572XP?

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Whoa! Where's that link from?

That's it guys. Not a fake and certainly not a 576.

Wonder if this means I can post pics of mine. ;)

What I do know for sure as of a month ago, was that they were getting close to setting a production date.
Whatever that thing is I hope its got a "properly sorted fuel injection system " .. rather that the carbs ! Of corse you are sworn to keep QT :)

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
3:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great news Spike60, I was pretty sure Husqvarna wouldn't let Stihl make the show with the new 462 for too long.

I know you can't tell us much about it, but seriously, how do you like it?

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope they do what Stihl does with some MT models and offer both AT or standard carb. But I highly doubt husky will.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has been awhile since Husky came out with a new professional chainsaw, there is two saws I would loved to buy if they where made, 539 XP and 572 XPG.
I'm a big fan of autotune system, would not bought a new saw without it, the only thing Husky should provide us with is a easy connections system and a software system, good enough if we could read AT codes.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Has been awhile since Husky came out with a new professional chainsaw, there is two saws I would loved to buy if they where made, 539 XP and 572 XPG.
I'm a big fan of autotune system, would not bought a new saw without it, the only thing Husky should provide us with is a easy connections system and a software system, good enough if we could read AT codes.
I bet you will have a long long Long time to wait for Husqvarna to allow ...anyone ... but there dealer network... "True"... access to the system that allows the "Full" working repairs and updates to there saws. It just is not in there interest to do that ...Stihl already keep a vice like grip on information needed on there product that the dealer network have. Ongoing repair and upgrade of the new saws is money they want back into the company system ...independent and home mechanics cost them money.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great news Spike60, I was pretty sure Husqvarna wouldn't let Stihl make the show with the new 462 for too long.

I know you can't tell us much about it, but seriously, how do you like it?

I'd be expected to like it of course. But the loggers who ran it are the voices that count, and they loved it. One guy didn't want to give it back until he could buy a new one.

It will stomp a 372XT and the AV is smooth as butter. They banged it around pretty good, and I had to get a couple of crash parts sent in from Sweden. They told me to give to my "worst loggers" who are hard on a saw. So.....................that's what I did. :)

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet you will have a long long Long time to wait for Husqvarna to allow ...anyone ... but there dealer network... "True"... access to the system that allows the "Full" working repairs and updates to there saws. It just is not in there interest to do that ...Stihl already keep a vice like grip on information needed on there product that the dealer network have. Ongoing repair and upgrade of the new saws is money they want back into the company system ...independent and home mechanics cost them money.
I know Husky like to protect their dealer network, but this AT software isnt where the dealers earn money, I can only see it as a loss for Husky themself to make it so difficult for their customers.
This about updating the AT firmware, its a 5, max 10 minute job, something anyone with a computer can do, if Husky would made it happen...

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I know Husky like to protect their dealer network, but this AT software isnt where the dealers earn money, I can only see it as a loss for Husky themself to make it so difficult for their customers.
This about updating the AT firmware, its a 5, max 10 minute job, something anyone with a computer can do, if Husky would made it happen...
All....manufacturers .... saw , car , truck and even these dam computers ! we use....have to protect there investment in the product and tech. The more complex things have become the more most folks need to use the dealers who have the knowledge and training to use the Tech needed to work on this stuff. People like Bob have made a investment in time and cash along with Husqvarna so i still say that the general public ( me included) will need to be using there dealer much more than was the case in the past with the older simple style of saw.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All....manufacturers .... saw , car , truck and even these dam computers ! we use....have to protect there investment in the product and tech. The more complex things have become the more most folks need to use the dealers who have the knowledge and training to use the Tech needed to work on this stuff. People like Bob have made a investment in time and cash along with Husqvarna so i still say that the general public ( me included) will need to be using there dealer much more than was the case in the past with the older simple style of saw.
I dont agree with you Simon.
Im not saying software program should be the same as Bob and my dealer use, there should be a AT Lite program for customers where they can read error codes and flash the carb incase Husky has released a bug fix. AT is a wonderful system but Husky could had made it easier for people.

We have been able to flash most of the computer parts for 20 years now. If we buy a new camera, even the flagship to Canon/Nikon, we can go to their homepage and download their latest firmware, and update our camera with the latest bug fix. This has worked out wonderful for the customers and also for the manufactors.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I dont agree with you Simon.
Im not saying software program should be the same as Bob and my dealer use, there should be a AT Lite program for customers where they can read error codes and flash the carb incase Husky has released a bug fix. AT is a wonderful system but Husky could had made it easier for people.

We have been able to flash most of the computer parts for 20 years now. If we buy a new camera, even the flagship to Canon/Nikon, we can go to their homepage and download their latest firmware, and update our camera with the latest bug fix. This has worked out wonderful for the customers and also for the manufactors.
Of corse i am unable to comment on the computer and camera situation Tor as i have no real understanding of those things and how those companies set up there customer relations. The simplified diagnostics you are hoping for may or may not be provided in the future but please dont overlook the point i was talking about. It was about having the "Full" ability to do what a dealer supported system allows ...This is what Husqvarna will be looking ..I believe .. to keep a tight control over.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im really looking forward to a 572 and 462 showdown
It's prolly gonna go about like this...the 462 flies, the 572 flies faster. 462 feels torquier, 572 handles better. 462 seems better constructed. 572 is well constructed when all fasteners are present.

Regardless of actual outcome I'm pretty excited for both of these saws. Really excited about the possibility of a red version of the husky. Maybe a 2272 and a 2290 in the near future...

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's prolly gonna go about like this...the 462 flies, the 572 flies faster. 462 feels torquier, 572 handles better. 462 seems better constructed. 572 is well constructed when all fasteners are present.

Regardless of actual outcome I'm pretty excited for both of these saws. Really excited about the possibility of a red version of the husky. Maybe a 2272 and a 2290 in the near future...
Maybe 661 seems more flimsy to me than a 390 and 395. 441 was a mushy saw until the R springs came standard.

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd be expected to like it of course. But the loggers who ran it are the voices that count, and they loved it. One guy didn't want to give it back until he could buy a new one.

It will stomp a 372XT and the AV is smooth as butter. They banged it around pretty good, and I had to get a couple of crash parts sent in from Sweden. They told me to give to my "worst loggers" who are hard on a saw. So.....................that's what I did. :)
So it will be a 70cc saw and not a 90cc?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, it's a 70cc class saw. The bigger one is coming later.

I'm glad these things will be out before too long cause I don't want to go all the way down to Randy's in October just to watch a bunch of Chinese Stihls. :)