Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never heard of any field test units being stolen over the years in North America.

I'm sure Honey Brothers in the U.K. will get lots of North American business selling 572s in the next few months.

Well there's a first for everything!

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
7:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You'll have to wait one more year in the USA, that sucks. But I'll try to send one in the USA to have it ported, so when it'll be in the US market Randy will already have good knowledge of this saw!

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You'll have to wait one more year in the USA, that sucks. But I'll try to send one in the USA to have it ported, so when it'll be in the US market Randy will already have good knowledge of this saw!

I'll offer my services of field testing, so we're sure it's right before it gets shipped back. LOL JK:zpong:

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you mean the full size BPMR plug Bob. The CMR plug is the mini plug.

I'm presently been doing a field test between brand new 2016 550XP and a new edition MS261CM .
The 261 still uses the bigger BPMR plug and the 550 along with my 562 with their mini CMR.
I'm thinking the Huskies hot start problems may be partly from those mini plugs. Your evidence that the 572 with a full size plug may prove my theory.

Also seeing my NE MS261CM has so far shown no hot start issues that might be more proof.
So far my MS261 is the only Stihl closest in design to the MS462C, which I'm sure it retained the larger plug also.

Yes Willard; 572 uses the BPMR7A like most saws do. 550's use the CMR6H. Thanks for pointing that out.

The hot start deal has nothing to do with the smaller plug. The plug has something to do with flame travel in the smaller combustion chambers in the smaller saws. The larger 572 doesn't need the smaller plug, so they stuck with the standard plug. The hot start deal is a heat shedding issue in the first couple minutes after shut down when the cylinder temp peaks and there is of course no cooling air. That's why they added the cut outs to the top covers on all those saws. Buys them an additional 10 degrees, just with those changes. The 572 has a different solution and the carb temps get nowhere near as hot as the 562 and 550 have been.

I have been following your comparison test thread over on FF. Your 261 seems to be a fine saw, and I've got a similar love fest of my own going on with the 550XP right now. Large tree company from PA is doing some contract work in the area and last month they bought 10 550's to try out. They came back 2 weeks later and bought 15 more of them. They had been running MS261's, but they really like these 550's. And it's the middle of the summer. :)

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish you were right on that, but I asked about it yesterday and was told absolutely no chance. :(
Well that sucks. This was my main motivation for making it to boonville this year. Tell the powers that be that this is unacceptable lol

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, they spent $11,000+ on those 550's! Plus they grabbed a couple T536LXI battery saws to try out.
The T536 LiXP I bought last year was one of the best saw purchases I've made in years. Use it all the time up in the tree doing aerial work, my trusty 338XPT has been sitting for a long time.

Trick with the 536 is sharp chain with a loose chain tension not snugged up what you would do with a normal saw.