Husqvarna 562 XP Mark2

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dropped a dozen of these in my cart, even though it's kind of inactive right now. 😆 Shows a ship date of July 26. But we all know not to place too much faith in ship dates.

Did get to try a T540M3 on Thu. Real different from the early version. Better balanced for one thing. Gen 3 autotune. Not shipping yet, but a couple weeks maybe.
Good thing I’m not holding my breath

Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where in SC are you located? I live right on the state line near Pageland, SC

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True, been waiting on my Russian mail-order bride for almost three months now. :wink:
One of my hockey buddies from about 20 years ago was from Latvia. Told me I should give that a try, but to avoid the Russian girls and stick to the Baltic babes. I don't think I can type in a Slavic accent, but he would tell me "Bobby, all women are blonde and tall as me. Wedding visa only good for 90 days. If they not friendly send back and get another one. Nothing to lose"

pavel408

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Operator's Manual for 560/562 XP Mark II is out. A little bit less weight and vibrations, the same power.

barton174

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dropped a dozen of these in my cart, even though it's kind of inactive right now. 😆 Shows a ship date of July 26. But we all know not to place too much faith in ship dates.

Did get to try a T540M3 on Thu. Real different from the early version. Better balanced for one thing. Gen 3 autotune. Not shipping yet, but a couple weeks maybe.
Any update on when the 562xp MK2 are coming here? Or did you come to your senses, remember you're retired, and take them out of your cart?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL. I'm in at least partial possession of my senses. Plus, while I can still log in, I never signed up for the new floor plan company, so they won't ship me anything anyway. Guess we can call that a safety valve.

I will check on that later this morning and fill you in. I stopped another dealer last week, and he didn't have any either.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a sort of unexpected update on this one. As of last week, it has been scrubbed from the dealer site. Nothing in the IPL files. Nothing in the product section that lists all of the SKU's to order the various bar and chain combos. The ones that were sitting in my cart now say "no longer available".

No idea why they pulled it. And guessing only equates to gossip. Hey, it saved me $800. Lol

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a sort of unexpected update on this one. As of last week, it has been scrubbed from the dealer site. Nothing in the IPL files. Nothing in the product section that lists all of the SKU's to order the various bar and chain combos. The ones that were sitting in my cart now say "no longer available".

No idea why they pulled it. And guessing only equates to gossip. Hey, it saved me $800. Lol
Do you think they scrapped the saw or just the mkII moniker? Seems like the last new one I worked on had some noticeable changes made to it, which got me curious.

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like the last new one I worked on had some noticeable changes made to it, which got me curious.

Steve, your commentary from another thread got me wondering about the dome piston design.

If this is how these MK2s are going forward to reduce compression, is Husky trying to be easy on the bottom end and overall engine longevity?

I am sure there are other tricks to make up for the reduced compression, if I read your comment correctly.

Unless of course product was rushed to market, and something pushed the roll out further back as Bob @Spike60 mentioned.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve, your commentary from another thread got me wondering about the dome piston design.

If this is how these MK2s are going forward to reduce compression, is Husky trying to be easy on the bottom end and overall engine longevity?

I am sure there are other tricks to make up for the reduced compression, if I read your comment correctly.

Unless of course product was rushed to market, and something pushed the roll out further back as Bob @Spike60 mentioned.

That would be a "dished" piston design is what I believe you meant to say.
I, of course, can not know what the designers were trying to accomplish, all I can report on is that along with the piston, it seemed to me the timing of the ports differed from previous models that I had done as I had to come up with a new plan of attack so to say. I should maybe take a look at my notes further and see if anything stands out in this regard and report back.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Again, proving that you have to be careful what you say, got an email from Husky this morning announcing that the 562m2 is now available for pre-order. They redid the product codes which is why they all disappeared. Don't know exactly what pre-order means.

It does have the AT3 as on the 592. Looks like I ain't saving $800 after all. I'll jump into the dealer site later this morning and see what else I can learn.

562M2 is still a go.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Again, proving that you have to be careful what you say, got an email from Husky this morning announcing that the 562m2 is now available for pre-order. They redid the product codes which is why they all disappeared. Don't know exactly what pre-order means.

It does have the AT3 as on the 592. Looks like I ain't saving $800 after all. I'll jump into the dealer site later this morning and see what else I can learn.

562M2 is still a go.
Is there an IPL or workshop manual available yet?