Husqvarna 545

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried running a 24" 176 mount bar today (fits Echos and most everything the other big mounts don't fit). It was looking good compatibility wise, but was dumping half the oil out of the side of the clutch cover due to the oversized combo oil/tensioner holes, leaving the chain kinda dry and me covered in oil. Otherwise the 550 had good power in red oak with the 3/8 full skip chain. I'd fill and redrill the tensioner holes if I wanted to run a 176 mount, and the only reason to do that is for the length availability.

They have an outboard clutch and require a unique clutch removal tool, though you might be able to grind or weld a tool for it.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried running a 24" 176 mount bar today (fits Echos and most everything the other big mounts don't fit). It was looking good compatibility wise, but was dumping half the oil out of the side of the clutch cover due to the oversized combo oil/tensioner holes, leaving the chain kinda dry and me covered in oil. Otherwise the 550 had good power in red oak with the 3/8 full skip chain. I'd fill and redrill the tensioner holes if I wanted to run a 176 mount, and the only reason to do that is for the length availability.

They have an outboard clutch and require a unique clutch removal tool, though you might be able to grind or weld a tool for it.
You can buy K095 24” bars. Unless I’m misunderstanding something?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can buy K095 24” bars. Unless I’m misunderstanding something?
I don't see that many around, but gone are the longer than 24" k095 as far as I know. Not that there's much of a need for >24" bars on a <60cc saw.