PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ditto.

The 390 intake clamp works perfect. I gave up on those clamps.

Likewise. I've had success with exactly one of the replacement clamps. The others got thrown away after deforming while trying to snap them together and ultimately being unusable. I now use adjustable Oetiker clamps from NAPA and also just grind off the tabs from the original intake bulkhead. Works perfect every time and a bag of the clamps is like $12. Part number at NAPA is 6565833 but you can find them anywhere as a 'universal cv boot clamp'. Wrap, hook, crimp, done. Side cutters work fine for the crimp and there are also special crimpers available. DDave actually sells them. Ran across this tip from @Termitebuffet on another forum and haven't looked back for a Husky clamp since. The example below happens to be a 357xp.

1031151406_resized.jpg

0125161402_resized.jpg

357xp Intakes.jpg

357xp Metal Clamp.jpg

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another note about the bearing caps/risers that Mattyo brought to light some time ago is to ensure the fasteners are ground down in length just a smidge in a teardown/rebuild so as not to bottom out in the threads and create a hard to find leak after being reinstalled. The bolts may have been shortened somewhat when they changed the thread style, but I seem to recall Matt finding
out the hard way in one of his vids that the bolts were just a hair too long and wouldn't completely seal up the bottom end after some minor decking/surface prep...., if I remember all that correctly.

Please chime in, Matt.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another note about the bearing caps/risers that Mattyo brought to light some time ago is to ensure the fasteners are ground down in length just a smidge in a teardown/rebuild so as not to bottom out in the threads and create a hard to find leak after being reinstalled. The bolts may have been shortened somewhat when they changed the thread style, but I seem to recall Matt finding
out the hard way in one of his vids that the bolts were just a hair too long and wouldn't completely seal up the bottom end after some minor decking/surface prep...., if I remember all that correctly.

Please chime in, Matt.

And I'm pretty sure the head bolts need the same treatment if you do a base gasket delete too according to the video.