trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
6:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm an old fashioned type of guy but I've got this 550 thats got AT. Saw fires on a prime but the problem is between the tank and the cylinder, ala carb. The gaskets look new, needle looks good. Screen was a little funky but not bad. Primer bulb did not pick up gas, but there was gas in the carb. When I was taking apart carb tried the primer bulb and could hear air moving, so dont know what thats about. Sprayed carb cleaner in every hole I could find, but didnt want to f### with the welch plugs. Used to spraying out the low and high passages, but I think they are on the side with 5 or 6 little holes. Anyway, when spraying carb cleaner in one of the holes I heard a pop and some cleaner came out of the jet into the bore. So I'm thinking that was plugged. Anyway, anything else I could do to it? How about the solenoid? Could that be moving no fuel? Thanks.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These 4 gaskets came under the diahram cover. Is the spiral thing the diaphram? A clear cover came under the diaphram, and then a white gasket on the bottom. Ipl only shows 2 gaskets in there. Which ones are right?
20210529_123827.jpg 16223131508441066158748139184685.jpg

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got it on so the white gasket is on the bottom, then the spiral gasket, then the clear one next to the cover. Is that right?

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Walbro AT 12 is what it says. Look up the repair kit its got listed in the ipl and it looks nothing like I've got here. WTF!!
Husky # 576 66 65 01

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
10:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I've found out whats wrong. Wrong kit in there. The guy who had it before must have put the wrong kit in. Thanks guys!! Why does it feel like I'm typing just for the hell of it...I must be bored...
Well it is keeping me amused if that helps!

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They don’t seem to be very popular though, I’ve only seen the 550 use it so far stock.
They were supposed to replace regular diaphragms but no one seems to be biting.
The order in which they are placed should be in the IPL.

you never did mention what the problem exactly was with the saw?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They don’t seem to be very popular though, I’ve only seen the 550 use it so far stock.
They were supposed to replace regular diaphragms but no one seems to be biting.
The order in which they are placed should be in the IPL.

you never did mention what the problem exactly was with the saw?
Those kits are for ethanol imo.

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The spiral diaphragm kit for the AT-12 carburetor is Husqvarna part no. 582 36 65-01

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you @DND 9000 . Now I'm trying to figure out if the diaphram with the film covering the whole thing goes over top the spiral diaphram. Makes sense to me that it would.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The thing that is wrong with it is its getting no fuel. Put a prime in the cylinder it fires. Fuel hose is good so thats not the problem. I beleive the problem resides in the carb. Just cleaned it to the best of my ablity now trying to put it back together to see if I can get it to fire. The saw has been used before so it did run at one time.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Really, choo choo has that part number listed for $65!!! You've got to be kidding me! Does it come with a blow up doll too..

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got it on so the white gasket is on the bottom, then the spiral gasket, then the clear one next to the cover. Is that right?
Only thing that makes sense Thomas.

I know Husky makes a connector and software for their AT that plugs right into a laptop and isn’t too pricey, unlike Stihl.

@Onan18 may be able to help. If your primer bulb ain’t working I suspect some type of air leak or flow obstruction/valve issue in the fuel feed system. I really don’t know Husky at all, but Stihl’s fail safe on the MT system is pig rich, so you’d be flooding if the MT fails. An active working solenoid leans the saw out, when it fails it leaves the jet WFO.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@trooney I have never had an AT carb apart with that configuration. Wish I could be more help. I agree with the Doc, that carb needs to be plugged in at a dealer and a function test ran on the solenoid. Husqvarna will not allow the software to be sold to the public. It is tied to the specific dealer number and cannot be used without it.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@trooney I have never had an AT carb apart with that configuration. Wish I could be more help. I agree with the Doc, that carb needs to be plugged in at a dealer and a function test ran on the solenoid. Husqvarna will not allow the software to be sold to the public. It is tied to the specific dealer number and cannot be used without it.
What was that kit DD used to sell for Husky?

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But, can I replace the spiral diaphram kit with the one they used for the AT-7? According to Walbro all you've got to do is put in the correct metering lever.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What was that kit DD used to sell for Husky?

Not sure on that one bud, maybe the original version of the AT software that took a disc. The new version does not take a disc, the dealer has to log into the main server in Charlotte.