High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Help me settle a 192 debate

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
9:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a little 192 and really like this little thing and use it. I have a firewood buddy and we work together fairly often. Now he swears I over work my 192 saying it won't handle how I use it.
I use it for every thing 8" and smaller and sometimes in the 10-12" range.
I was out clearing some trails today and just had my 192 with me. So I decided to shoot a quick video and just ask you guys what you thought. If you like the video please view it on you tube and give it a thumbs up or even a comment. Thanks.

Whiskers

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got the same saw, while its not fast in wood like that, if you have a sharp chain and light hand it is just fine. It's when a dull chain is forced through a cut that it will go south in a hurry. I built a rear handle like that out of spare parts. The thing weighs next to nothing and has become my truck saw.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
10:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a little 192 and really like this little thing and use it. I have a firewood buddy and we work together fairly often. Now he swears I over work my 192 saying it won't handle how I use it.
I was out clearing some trails today and just had my 192 with me. So I decided to shoot a quick video and just ask you guys what you thought. If you like the video please view it on you tube and give it a thumbs up or even a comment. Thanks.

Corey,
you've been here for what...a few months now ?
don't you know that's AT LEAST 395xp or 066 territory...C'mon MAN.....

oh and make sure that 395/066 is ported...( sponsored by your local Porters Union 104)

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Corey,

oh and make sure that 395/066 is ported...( sponsored by your local Porters Union 104)
Exactly.

My dad cutcall our firewood for over 30 years with a poulan s25. Never even realized it was too small and he still uses it today.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Corey,

Ya sorry my bad. I don't want the porters union levying a fine. I have heard they will take all your pie and half your lunch, as well as make you pay 6 bananas a day for X amount of days depending on the offense.

I do have a mild muffler mod. I didn't remove the baffles just opened them up a bit as well as opened up the exit abdominal deflector. And I eliminated the tabs and retuned it. Maybe I should be more aggressive with the mm. Lol

Last edited:

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've found that I grab my 192T more than the 200 or 201. It's just a light, handy little saw and has no problem pulling in bar length wood.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I see no problem with the way you are using it Corey. Next time your buddy cracks wise with you ask him if he is offering to buy you a bigger saw!

I ran a 192t with muff mod. Pretty nimble little saw that's easy to like.

Wanna talk about working a saw? Hell I ran my utility right of way crew on 021's. They were tough and cheap and 9 out of 10 times that's what the guys grabbed anyway. They got used for chopping wind rows, felling, bucking, you name it.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It ain't no bucking saw Butch! Use a bigger saw for chunking. I use a 241 C for stuff like that and the saw is still light.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thought I would throw a freshly sharpened chain on and try and whittle on the fat end of the cherry stick.