Gun range 2022,2023,2024

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not aware that any parts on the ADL have ever changed other than the trigger mechanism and stock. My 2018 model appears Identical to my best friend's 2002 model in every way but stock and trigger.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After surfing around I am not alone.
The spring weakens and the bottom walks forward.
Seen a fix by centering spring bottom to metal mag box and gorilla taping.
I see lots of springs on bay.
I will get this without making a chopper of it.
Just cannot have this fail thought in my head.
Did not see bucks but did hear a rack fight that upped my bp. Fun.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
12:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Over the weekend I stumbled across this Springfield SA-35 in a gun shop. I’ve been wanting to see and handle one, since they were introduced a couple of years ago. The trigger is much better than I expected, breaking crisply with only a hint of take up. It measures 5.25 lbs on my trigger gauge.
Over the last couple of days, I’ve put a couple hundred rounds through it, shooting steel silhouettes on my backyard range. It’s extremely easy to shoot and off hand at 15 yds, I can consistently put 15 rds into a group the size of my fist. I didn’t experience any function failures and the empty brass all landed within in a five foot circle.
The best part was the lack of hammer bite that I‘ve experienced with the Hi-Powers I’ve owned and shot.
The only down side is the finish. It’s a smooth parkerized type finish. Better than a lot of parkerized guns I’ve handled but nothing close to the beautiful blue on the Browning Grande Puissance.
It’s not a beauty queen but it‘s a shooter and definitely a keeper. Springfield got it right.
IMG_0555.jpeg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Over the weekend I stumbled across this Springfield SA-35 in a gun shop. I’ve been wanting to see and handle one, since they were introduced a couple of years ago. The trigger is much better than I expected, breaking crisply with only a hint of take up. It measures 5.25 lbs on my trigger gauge.
Over the last couple of days, I’ve put a couple hundred rounds through it, shooting steel silhouettes on my backyard range. It’s extremely easy to shoot and off hand at 15 yds, I can consistently put 15 rds into a group the size of my fist. I didn’t experience any function failures and the empty brass all landed within in a five foot circle.
The best part was the lack of hammer bite that I‘ve experienced with the Hi-Powers I’ve owned and shot.
The only down side is the finish. It’s a smooth parkerized type finish. Better than a lot of parkerized guns I’ve handled but nothing close to the beautiful blue on the Browning Grande Puissance.
It’s not a beauty queen but it‘s a shooter and definitely a keeper. Springfield got it right.
View attachment 398785

Awesome! Those never stay under the glass very long around here. I love my FN made BHP but I'm sure that one is every bit as good. In some ways better because its.cheaper and still in production.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Just to give credit where credit is due, the P32 is a brilliant little pocket rocket that everybody copied. I have two of them and they are sweet. But yeah, alot of their other stuff is an answer in search of a question or just nuts. Interestingly, everybody is copying their bullpup shotguns these days.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
12:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just to give credit where credit is due, the P32 is a brilliant little pocket rocket that everybody copied. I have two of them and they are sweet. But yeah, alot of their other stuff is an answer in search of a question or just nuts. Interestingly, everybody is copying their bullpup shotguns these days.
I have a P3AT and a PMR-30. I like both but agree, a lot of their stuff is out there.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no idea about those, but will say the Simmons 22 Mag is a really good scope for the money. I've had a few of them.

chiselbit

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s the consensus on mini 14’s? Are they as inaccurate as my reading suggests? If so is there an economical fix? Just trying to get around California’s ridiculous restrictions on ar’s. They have them choked down to what’s the fûcking point of owning one

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s the consensus on mini 14’s? Are they as inaccurate as my reading suggests? If so is there an economical fix? Just trying to get around California’s ridiculous restrictions on ar’s. They have them choked down to what’s the fûcking point of owning one
The older one's i shot were not accurate or consistent at all but several newer one's were very accurate for a mini 14
2-4"
They fixed whatever was wrong with them
Within the last decade or so.
Mine would do 1 1/2 for 5 with most 55gr loads.

Hoser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s what I’ve found as well. New ones shot excellent, old ones were terrible
Great little farm rifles, nice sights
Aren’t the new ones starting in a 58? On the serial number or something like that

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last optics I bought were vortex binos. I am happy for the price and might try the scopes if I needed one.

Where you guys get reloading components?
Thinking of a new load this winter and what a headache shopping the parts.
I think a lot there is this device I am on needs to be shot lol.