Fuel stabilizer

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What fuel stabilizer do you use? I try and use non ethanol fuel, but still have carb issues in some 4 stroke and 2 stroke. Seafoam, stabil are the two I’ve heard of and never really had smoking gun evidence on either that they would save me from fuel related issues.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seafoam is what I use. I've had gas in a mower that was almost two years old that ran okay, it could of ran better though. Is it a good idea? No, but it still ran. For me, I like it since I can put my saw on the shelf for 6 month or more. It'll still start and run. It doesn't take much to mess up these little carbs. I also run ethanol free gass.

SimonHS

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Briggs & Stratton Fuel Fit for me. I never have fuel related starting problems with 2 or 4 stroke engines - mowers, strimmers, chainsaws.

Screenshot_20231211-073516_kindlephoto-126418845.png

Clarkbug

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What fuel stabilizer do you use? I try and use non ethanol fuel, but still have carb issues in some 4 stroke and 2 stroke. Seafoam, stabil are the two I’ve heard of and never really had smoking gun evidence on either that they would save me from fuel related issues.
Startron is what I have been using for years, along with ethanol free fuel. Has worked great for me, especially in things that tend to sit like the generator or snowblower.

GMB74

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The "best" fuel stabilizer is an issue almost as contentious as what 2-cycle oil to use.
They all make pretty amazing claims about what they can do to "cure" fuel problems.
Keeping your fuel can sealed to prevent condensation, not using ethanol fuel, and not letting the fuel sit around any longer than necessary are just as important as what stabilizer to use.
I have seen customers who claimed to have used a name brand stabilizer and they still had water and corrosion problems.
I have used Star-tron with good results.

Ftlaud Addict

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Switched from Stabil to Startron. Had fuel go bad using Stabil once. I always use non ethanol fuel. No issues so far and can last 2yrs. I usually put it in my vehicle after 1 yr and rotate jugs as needed. I keep a larger than normal amount of fuel in the shed for generators.

cescarbrough

Active OPE Member
Local time
5:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently heard of, and started using something called Pri-G. It claims to be able to rejuvenate old fuel as well as keeping new fuel good indefinitely. I have not been able to find anyone, or any site to discredit this claim.

They also have a diesel version.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
10:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another loyal startron user here. It works great especially for things like generators which tend to sit for long periods between usage. I’ve been using it without fail for probably 10 years or so now.
This one Bradasaurus?

GMB74

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had good luck with Star-Tron & Lucas Fuel Stabilizer, but I also use Non E fuel in just about everything since the Sheetz 3 miles from my house sells it.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag