Guess what I'm working on...

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I keep the seals from roasted top ends I come across. Sadly on this saw, I didn't have any more for a 550. So, I cut a section out of a 562 seal, and used it to mend the damaged area of this one. I used Loctite 518 to make sure it is well sealed.
I saved some of them a while back, I probably have a few. I'll check when I get a chance.
Tree service I did some work for smashed the holy "S" out of a bunch of them....
I saved some of the gaskets as it was becoming a known issue at the time.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
1:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About 24 starts per hour, which means (on average) start the saw, run 2.5 minutes, shut off. Is this normal usage of a chainsaw?
Possibly, all depends on the user and what your doing. I was clearing a new path in my woods this weekend and it was a few cuts here and there and then off while I was dragging brush.
24 starts per hour does seem like a lot though.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the detail … go figure how useful that is!

I think you should submit a revision for them … "Check for broken gasket".

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh yeah. Pretty serious air leak. No scoring at all. Used nearly daily in commercial service.
While I buy mostly standard carb saws, this case does show AT systems sure have advantages for both pro & h/owner saw users. Resetting a code & replacing a seal sure beats a top end. I kinda wish the Swedes got some German engineers to make some small changes to those early 5 series before they went to market. They were a bit of reliability away from being a best in class saw.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Average of 24 starts an hour and a leaky broken gasket.
Was the complaint "it won't idle~stay running long enough for me to throw a limb outta my way" ?

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Holly molly. I'm just flat out jealous of the heat control it would take to not get a little penetration (and thus some tear out) of the center tube. Or has the tear out area just been polished down from running in the dirt?
What do you figure, really heavy scale left on the tube after they formed it?

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Holly molly. I'm just flat out jealous of the heat control it would take to not get a little penetration (and thus some tear out) of the center tube. Or has the tear out area just been polished down from running in the dirt?
What do you figure, really heavy scale left on the tube after they formed it?
They concentrated the heat from the MIG on the hubs, there isn’t any HAZ or witness marks on the tube at all on a few of them, and the “weld” broke accordingly.

The end one they concentrated the heat on the tube and the weld broke at the hub.

A good friend figured it was a Friday beer-thirty job