Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m probably going to take a look at this generac generator later today and I would like to see if anyone has any experience with the RS7000e. It looks in great shape with 33.5 hours and he’s only asking 400, so unless someone can tell me otherwise it seems like a good deal.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/tls/d/dover-generac-rs7000e-generator/7512513535.html

I have lots of experience with the 6500 generacs. Have seen many go over 1500 hours. Biggest problem is the little fuel filter between the tank and carb can get air locked and the carbs are week if they get water in them. Otherwise they start very easy, run smooth, and very quiet for an air cooled engine.

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have lots of experience with the 6500 generacs. Have seen many go over 1500 hours. Biggest problem is the little fuel filter between the tank and carb can get air locked and the carbs are week if they get water in them. Otherwise they start very easy, run smooth, and very quiet for an air cooled engine.

Thanks Steve, I’ve heard of generac as a good brand but you never know these days. I had wanted a duel fuel unit but even at 400 this seems like a good deal on a generator that will actually be able to run what I need it to. I have to go to dinner tonight instead of checking it out but if I do end up buying it I’ll post some details.

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpg image.jpg
400 bucks later and I’m the proud new owner. 7k running watts which is perfect for me. The guy didn’t want to haggle but when you find a good seller you don’t always have to. Plus if I had to replace the engine on our old genny it would be 400 bucks without a battery.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s crazy the epa sticker says 2014, I’ve never owned anything for 8 years that doesn’t look like it’s been to war. I should ask this guy if he’s got any saws lol

Nice score! Forgot to mention keep water out of the fuel tank. It will rust! :)

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would certainly secure that so it does not get legs and walks away. $400 was a very good deal for that brand. When you compare reviews and specs, the Generac specs "are possible" vs. "we wish it were possible" with other brands.