Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You could just mount a simple toggle switch any place you could find. It dont have to be a house style switch. Just be sure you get a toggle switch rated for the voltage and amp load required.

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rough diagram for ya, this is the toggle switch I'm talking about. You should be able to find somewhere to mount it out of harm's way. PhotoCollage_20200206_083803792.jpg

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, but no thanks. I don’t want to be trying to stick something like that on it looking like an after thought. It works just fine now.

Likesaws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, but no thanks. I don’t want to be trying to stick something like that on it looking like an after thought. It works just fine now.
If you could fish the wires from the switch box beside the stove to fan switch it would not look out of place. Just saying I would totally not want it to look like a afterthought also.
By the way totally great looking stove and hearth you have there.
Congratulations on the new house.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
See post #12 and post #18. It will be tougher to do with out drilling hole in the wall which I’m not looking forward to.

Likesaws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I see. Been following this because I’m election also. With out drilling hole as you said if you were real lucky and the electrician put wire in without staples from switch to thermostat and you could pull new wire in as you pulled old wire out. I always put staples in though. Probably there too. If it works for you. That’s all that matters. Or when you catch up you can cut holes and start learning your drywall skills. Remolding my bathroom for second time. Moving plumbing and electrical too. Always something to fix if you own a house.
Congrats again.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They stapled it. Per code on securement of Romex after a box. That’s why I know I have to drill a hole one the wall.