Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
b912536d7c6f53426f88c9e25b4e9eda.jpg

First, well technically this was my second fire on my new Quadra Fire pioneer2. Just trying to burn off the oil and crap befor we move in our new house. Although I thought that would be enough fire to turn on the blower? Still no fan I’ll get a bigger one in there and hope that does the trick. I’ll be making a phone call to the installer tomorrow hopefully I can get a straight answer and then to Quadra fire tech support.

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The blower should be adjustable, it may be set to high.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fan speed is on a dial fan speed switch. The fan doesn’t come on at any position. I even wired nuted the fan wires together essentially putting the fan on high but no dice.

I only ran a two small fires now to let the fire brick and paint cure. Next one I’ll let ‘er rip.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Clydesdale needs to be real hot to get the temperature switch to close, a small fire won’t be hot enough to get the fan to turn on.

I’d stay with your plan to let her rip before you waste time on the phone with tech support. The temperature switch feeds the fan speed rheostat, so it’s going to be de-energized untill the temperature switch closes. It’s usually a snap switch, you’re going to hear a loud “click” when it closes, then your fan speed can be set to your desired rpm

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Clydesdale needs to be real hot to get the temperature switch to close, a small fire won’t be hot enough to get the fan to turn on.

I’d stay with your plan to let her rip before you waste time on the phone with tech support. The temperature switch feeds the fan speed rheostat, so it’s going to be de-energized untill the temperature switch closes. It’s usually a snap switch, you’re going to hear a loud “click” when it closes, then your fan speed can be set to your desired rpm

That is my thought also. My only issue is that the fireplace is supposed to be wired with a snap switch bypass. The electrician only ran 14-2 and it’s supposed to be 14-3. The third wire was for the bypass. The fireplace installer didn’t say anything when they hooked it up so I’m assuming it will run like a typical blower, only with the snap switch.

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Find that snap switch, most are adjustable. Turn it down if so or just let her RIP like you said.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well today I “ let ‘er rip” and ended up with the thing so blasted hot the smoke detectors went off in the house from the heat. Had the air intake wide open for 3 hrs with it full of red oak. Still no blower. The stone around the unit was too hot to touch and I couldn’t hardly grab the door handle. Tomorrow a guy from the installer is going to come over and take a look at it. I did find the snap switch under the fire brick. There is an access hatch under the brick. I’m gonna jumper/ bypass the snap switch and see if I can’t get the blower on then.
7f6d0d2beb64792cfc76aa69f6f83c65.jpg

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What led you to that particular insert? I’m getting ready to get one myself and am looking for honest feedback from users vs stuff on the net that may or may not be actual testimony.

I really want a stove but the better half said nope you have one in the shop. We compromised on the insert. She’ll thank me the 10 days a year it’s bad cold here lol.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A couple things steered me in his way. The builder who built my house uses the dealer that sells Quadra Fire. I wanted a single door and liked the arch top. And the Quadra Fire pioneer 3 was way too big for the wall space I had. This is offered with a remote room heating too but was told it works like crap. I’m sure if I can get this blower figured out I’ll have no problem cooking myself out of the house.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Homemade. Yes, the bypass is crucial for me when it is really cold. My sister and I both have the same Quadrafire 7100 FP units. The company that installed theirs did not hook the bypass up. Mine, I can turn the fan on even when no fire. On cold nights the fire box is full and the fan stays on. Sisters house is similar layout and size and it doesn't soley heat the house. When there is a larger than optimal ash bed in the stove it takes longer for the snap switch to turn the fan on. On days and nights in the 30's the automatic snap switch is fine.

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A couple things steered me in his way. The builder who built my house uses the dealer that sells Quadra Fire. I wanted a single door and liked the arch top. And the Quadra Fire pioneer 3 was way too big for the wall space I had. This is offered with a remote room heating too but was told it works like crap. I’m sure if I can get this blower figured out I’ll have no problem cooking myself out of the house.
I’ll have to look into them. Thanks for the info.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The electrician and stove guys didn’t catch the fact it needed 14-3 for the bypass to work. They only ran 14-2. I should have just changed it when the walls were open. A little late now.....

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What led you to that particular insert? I’m getting ready to get one myself and am looking for honest feedback from users vs stuff on the net that may or may not be actual testimony.

I really want a stove but the better half said nope you have one in the shop. We compromised on the insert. She’ll thank me the 10 days a year it’s bad cold here lol.

I would say too, look at a few that are operating. I looked at a few at a different fireplace store and one had a annoying loud blower. I can’t remember the name off the top of my head. All the newest ones will have secondary burn and advanced combustion controls. Looks, blower noise and firebox size are important stuff to look at.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The electrician and stove guys didn’t catch the fact it needed 14-3 for the bypass to work. They only ran 14-2. I should have just changed it when the walls were open. A little late now.....

Got ya. There’s got to be a way to do it. I know Jack crap about electrical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fish a new wire. That’s about the only way

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All is fixed. Wires fell out of the wire nuts. What a pain in the ass to get too, but better then opening up the wall.

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should be able to run a jumper wire from the hot wire coming into the click switch to a regular switch to bypass the thermostat.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s the way it is drawing up in instructions. But you need a separate wire for that. Hence the 14-3. If we want to do things without proper approval, I seen the ground wire used as a conductor. Highly sketchy cause the ground doesn’t have the proper insulation to handle the load.

Likesaws

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would wire it two pigtails to the hot wire coming in and use one for snap switch and one for by pass switch. Same load different route for power to get to motor. That is what above post is saying also.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So where do I put the second switch for the bypass.