Firewood Measuring Sticks

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I suppose that you could mount some type of bracket there, that still let you quickly mount and remove the actual measuring rod

Simplest I have seen was just a metal rod with an 'L' bent into the end, that attached to the vertical section of the saw handle with radiator clamps: could pivot out of the way, if needed.
These are great Ideas. I thing a fold back method would need a spring tension with a back stop, to keep the marker from being bumped forward. Combine both, and methods quoted and you get one marker to put on multiple saws with mounting brackets. Easy on - easy off ...... like an oversized allen wrench. If I'm making any sense .........o_O

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought one of those magnet sticks a while back. I make sure it is between the spikes to lock it in so it doesn't slip down. I use that OR just a measure stick that I always have with me. Fiberglass rods precut to 16 inches for me. So I can fit into my stove.
3ea038cba337770522d0bad20d27b6ba.jpg
2adee45fa6adf245ed95bfa65e54cd41.jpg

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where did you get a saw with the bar on the left side???

Thanks for the video!!!

Good catch, I thought something looked strange. If you look at the bar, the Stihl label is backwards also.

Is the camera reversing the image?

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
7:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are actually photos of special, environmental, measuring sticks: for assembling firewood back together into logs and trees.

Philbert

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good catch, I thought something looked strange. If you look at the bar, the Stihl label is backwards also.

I don't know, I can not find a source for a left handed saw!!!
Is the camera reversing the image?

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jober is dead...I was actually able to find a company that made it for Husqvarna and they’re no longer in existence. I put a zip tie with a piece of solder shrink wrapped on my handle works mint when holding logs up with a machine. Other than that I use a stick and hold it in my mouth between cuts. I try to switch species for a different tastes. Lol.
Sent from my iPhone using Jasper

upload_2021-2-28_0-30-5.png

I see the must have saw tool there. Where'd ya find that?

Ontario Firewood Resource

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of variation of the 'permanently' attached measuring rods. Many attach to the bar nut. The ones above appear to mount via the handle mounting screws. I suppose that you could mount some type of bracket there, that still let you quickly mount and remove the actual measuring rod?

@Ontario Firewood Resource 's rod maybe could be mounted with a wing nut for quick installation and removal?

Simplest I have seen was just a metal rod with an 'L' bent into the end, that attached to the vertical section of the saw handle with radiator clamps: could pivot out of the way, if needed.

I just think that the magnet sticks are so easy; work with any saw; on either side of the bar; require no modifications to the saw; etc. I have left them on when sectioning smaller diameter limb wood, and I have removed them after marking larger logs. Let's me keep both hands on the saw.
This a good idea if you have a quick disconnect so you can use the stihl nut tool instead of a wrench. When I use mine, it doesnt get it the way and it bends when navigating the chainsaw in and around your wood pile.
Philbert