ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
3:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:D..the mug went to a customer for a 9010 along with the multi tool... Oh yes ...the 420 came with a mug of lemon candies ... Saw-weeeet !!

Someone said in the past that husky had the lemon candies for a short time but they where probably a bitter flavour :cheeseburger:

Wilhelm

I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes that Dolmar (099) 3/8 chain is the mutts nuts a good quality chain
And the 6100 likes it a lot :):)

Dolmar 099 loops really deliver: :D
DSC00358.JPG DSC00359.JPG DSC00362.JPG

The above is a race chain that through wear "naturally" came into existence! ;)

Both my Dolmar PS-6400 & PS-7900 seem to really like the Dolmar 099 loops.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anybody know who makes the Dolmar chains? I have a new loop of 3/8" Dolmar chain, and it doesn't look like either Oregon or Carlton.

Wilhelm

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anybody know who makes the Dolmar chains? I have a new loop of 3/8" Dolmar chain, and it doesn't look like either Oregon or Carlton.
What number is stamped into the drive link?

I could be wrong, but just yesterday I was looking up Dolmar 484 loop specs and came up with this:
- Dolmar 099 = Oregon 73LP (3/8")
- Dolmar 484 = Oregon 95VPX (.325")
- Dolmar 084 = Oregon 21LP (.325")

Again, the above information could be wrong and if so it is not intentional!

Dolmar chains and bars are all Oregon to my knowledge and I don't mind at all - they are great quality.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Someone said in the past that husky had the lemon candies for a short time but they where probably a bitter flavour :cheeseburger:
I can tell you that the Lemon candies were very nice and went down well while i put the Ps 420 together....none in the ps 5105 box though :(...guess il have to have a ps 6100 and see if there in the box:D

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Wilhelm

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man...if those chains came in on saws for servicing with me they would be needing new chains on them !
Race chains !! knackered out chains ....i can find you plenty if you want :D
Much narrower kerf, extremely low tooth profile means less drag and resistance = race chain! ;)
I actually don't have "race chains" because I don't race cookie cut, that is a regular "triangle tooth" loop, it cuts great.

If it weren't for shipping I'd take any and all loops looking like that, or whatever You or anybody else deems "worn out". :D

This is a chain I deem "worn out": :p
DSC02314.JPG
Stump/root duty was the last straw for that loop - it lost 2/3 if its teeth and is now retired.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Much narrower kerf, extremely low tooth profile means less drag and resistance = race chain! ;)
I actually don't have "race chains" because I don't race cookie cut, that is a regular "triangle tooth" loop, it cuts great.

If it weren't for shipping I'd take any and all loops looking like that, or whatever You or anybody else deems "worn out". :D

This is a chain I deem "worn out": :p
View attachment 36746
Stump/root duty was the last straw for that loop - it lost 2/3 if its teeth and is now retired.
Wow !! That is called getting your moneys worth ! :)
I dont know much about the saw racing , but i can see in that world all sorts of things may be tried. Some of the crap that comes in on saws i see ..teeth missing..twisted...dented...and so on..not so good :eek:
Sure we could work out a deal on the postage my friend if you want all the duff chains...Stihl,Husq and Dolmar all could come your way :D

Wilhelm

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow !! That is called getting your moneys worth ! :)
I dont know much about the saw racing , but i can see in that world all sorts of things may be tried. Some of the crap that comes in on saws i see ..teeth missing..twisted...dented...and so on..not so good :eek:
Sure we could work out a deal on the postage my friend if you want all the duff chains...Stihl,Husq and Dolmar all could come your way :D
I am tempted to pick You up on that offer.

Dolmar branded Oregon loops bend or loose teeth only after they are worn way past the witness mark! ;)

To everybody else, apologies for the thread hijack, back on topic Dolmar PS-6400 clearing acacia and willow on a creek bank:
Dolmar PS-6400 -1.JPG Dolmar PS-6400 -2.JPG
DSC04031.JPG
I forgot to place the PS-6400 into the frame for reference and scale in the third picture.

Dolmar PS-6400 & 20" B&C, chain Dolmar 099 about 1.5 mm from the witness mark.
The last day of clearing I hit a nail in a willow tree, no bent or broken teeth - a touch up was all the chain needed to continue ripping through that willow. :)
That loop is now right at the witness mark so it needs to be filed back past it what will make it a "triangle tooth chain".

EDIT & P.S.: Two dead walnut trees also got reduced to firewood. They died in last years creek flood and started to rot, thus I was told to remove them as well. Their remains can be seen in the first picture.

Last edited:

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am glad I don't have a 5105. I only have 40 acres and not enough time already lol. Would be a good saw to have though.
You have a new job now so i guess that eats into your time. Watch this space ...there's more to come with some going and some coming ;)

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think you will like the 5105. My 5100s was potent stock even with 3/8 chain. After Poleman ported it, it's a monster of a 50cc saw. I'm running a 3/8 20" bar and I grab it a lot. The anti-vibe is really good too. It's enjoyable to run all day.
Yup...i like it plenty in the short time iv had it. I killed the kitty and its running in nice .. il put it on .325 chain .

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What number is stamped into the drive link?

I could be wrong, but just yesterday I was looking up Dolmar 484 loop specs and came up with this:
- Dolmar 099 = Oregon 73LP (3/8")
- Dolmar 484 = Oregon 95VPX (.325")
- Dolmar 084 = Oregon 21LP (.325")

Again, the above information could be wrong and if so it is not intentional!

Dolmar chains and bars are all Oregon to my knowledge and I don't mind at all - they are great quality.

I think your right :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 9