High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Face and Ear PPE

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a decent Stihl forestry helmet that has a nice suspension system, but the included earmuffs are kind of weak. I would really like a 3M Peltors Optime 105 equipped forestry helmet with mesh visor, but I haven't found anything better than what I have. During my search I've considered that I might be better off buying an actual pro climbing helmet that has a visor built in and then buy the Optime 105's separate. I would also be ok just finding some Optime 105's that go over the head with a built in mesh visor. I had a Stihl branded visor/muff combo, but the visor came off and I can't get it back on, but those muffs are better than the ones attached to the helmet.

Thank you for the suggestions!

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
upload_2021-5-27_17-37-31.png

I've seen these around on a few different sites, but the "Made in China" part makes me not trust the NNR 27 claim. Anything like this made in the US? The Optime 105 ear pro are NRR 31, and I do actually trust 3M claims.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Didn't @sawmikaze have a thread or a bit of thread going somewhere about climbing helmets. He gave his old one to Walt in NY up near Spike60s place in Ulster area.
Walt was testing the new 666G Farmertec saw or the clone 088 as it is.
You guys will find the link far faster than I to that page about helmets for tree work.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is there a mesh visor on the market that can attach to the over the head ear pro?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn't @sawmikaze have a thread or a bit of thread going somewhere about climbing helmets. He gave his old one to Walt in NY up near Spike60s place in Ulster area.
Walt was testing the new 666G Farmertec saw or the clone 088 as it is.
You guys will find the link far faster than I to that page about helmets for tree work.

A pfanner protos made me have no love for other helmets.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For your ears get custom molded plugs and never look back.........
I still have some fitted in ear hearing protection I got in the army made by Surefire, been over a decade and managed not to lose them! If I'm operating anything larger than my Stihl MS150 I use in ear and over the ear protection.

A pfanner protos made me have no love for other helmets.

I'd like a Protos, but not in the budget right now.