Egan performance saws straight shot mufflers

treefeller24

New OPE Member
Local time
7:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently purchased some of these straight shot mufflers for my echo 2511, Stihl 362 , and a couple other saws. Tried them out and they work awesome, I can actually lean into my 2511 now and it doesn't big down. The 362 is a beast with these mufflers. My concern is there has to be a lack of back pressure with these straight shot mufflers so will this hurt the longevity of the saws? I did a mtronic reset on the 362 and did tune the 2511 but was hoping to hear from some of you guys that do porting work on saws what your opinion is on these mufflers? I will say that I'm very impressed with the performance of the saws after installing these but if you want to try one out you'd better have hearing protection!! They are loud! With that said I wear a Protos helmet with the ear muffs everyday at work so it doesn't bother me, the performance gains are well worth it. Look forward to your opinions, thanks

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
5:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It won’t hurt a 2511. Those little beasties need to breathe. Should only be a good thing.

Can’t say on a 362, but I doubt any harm will come of it…except your hearing.

treefeller24

New OPE Member
Local time
7:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It won’t hurt a 2511. Those little beasties need to breathe. Should only be a good thing.

Can’t say on a 362, but I doubt any harm will come of it…except your hearing.
Thanks ketchup, I recently changed over my 2511 to 3/8 .043 bar and chain and it worked really well but when I put that straight shot muffler on it became a whole new saw. As long as the straight shots are not bad for the chainsaws I guess the loudness is the only downfall then. Good to know that it shouldn't harm the engine though