farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Clean off the carbon, use the rest of your Stihl premium oil as fire starter or give it away. Then get yourself a better oil...almost anything is better than the Stihl silver bottle. Everybody will have different opinions on what is good and what is bad...I personally want more oil (32:1) I have found several oils that I can run at that ratio without carbon buildup. Amsoil Dominator & Echo Red Armor are high on the list but expensive. I ran almost 10 gallons of mix with Walmart brand TCW3 @ 32:1 through my string trimmer this summer and there was no signs of buildup when I pulled the muffler off this fall. Bottom line, Stihl Ultra = your problem.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Clean off the carbon, use the rest of your Stihl premium oil as fire starter or give it away. Then get yourself a better oil...almost anything is better than the Stihl silver bottle. Everybody will have different opinions on what is good and what is bad...I personally want more oil (32:1) I have found several oils that I can run at that ratio without carbon buildup. Amsoil Dominator & Echo Red Armor are high on the list but expensive. I ran almost 10 gallons of mix with Walmart brand TCW3 @ 32:1 through my string trimmer this summer and there was no signs of buildup when I pulled the muffler off this fall. Bottom line, Stihl Ultra = your problem.
I’ll mention another budget option that has done well in testing. Castrol Go 2t although it’s an old school Dino based oil.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll mention another budget option that has done well in testing. Castrol Go 2t although it’s an old school Dino based oil.
I was going to mention that one too, but I haven’t used enough to vouch for it’s cleanliness

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I was going to mention that one too, but I haven’t used enough to vouch for it’s cleanliness

Dominator is about all I’ve used for the last couple years. Before that was Schaeffers 9000 and before that was dolmar synthetic. I used echo red armor before the dolmar when I switched from Stihl silver bottle because it started to give me headaches, and I saw what a mess it made of a saw I tore down. I liked all the oils above except the Stihl.

I mentioned the Castrol go 2t because of the shooter of the eggs testing though. I trust Steve and wouldn’t have any problem running that or in a pinch the Walmart stuff. I don’t typically like Walmart for personal reasons, but you aren’t the only one I’ve heard good things from about their oil.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Echo manuals warn you, they say occasionally take the muffler off and scrape the carbon out with a screwdriver.
I will read the next manual I get with a saw, instead of using it to light the fire.

B440

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
too much piston wash. I would tune leaner if possible. Look at piston wash pictures.

lohan808

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another oil discussion?!.....

Attachments

• 738539-4c4c34ea56ea55f9e59f93185341b3fc.gif
    738539-4c4c34ea56ea55f9e59f93185341b3fc.gif
    216 KB · Views: 3